Beam is disrupting a $7.5 billion compliance software market. Beam’s scalable technologies incorporate new data sources for our bank and fintech partners, helping make the financial system safer while maximizing the value and utility of critical compliance resources. We are looking for our first Product Designer who will be a generalist and play a critical role in all aspects of the design process of our web-based product. You will be part of the R&D team working closely with front-end and product to design and deliver our differentiating Beam UI / UX by striking a balance between power and ease of use. We believe that part of our competitive advantage is in visually standing out, way beyond just simple tabular data.
Beam is a rapidly growing venture-backed startup led by industry veterans. With a strong product vision and an experienced development team, our product has been well-received by customers and we’re excited to grow. A good fit with our team is a passionate, creative, energetic, and collaborative person who is ready to tackle new problems and get their hands dirty wherever necessary. As a startup, this is an exciting opportunity for an early, high-impact role at a rapidly growing company.
While we are most interested in full time, we are also open to contract work and encourage all to apply.
Our main office is located in the financial district of San Francisco and we offer a generous full range of benefits.
- Own every aspect of a product's design, from solving the core user challenge to shipping a well-tested and pixel-perfect UI.
- Participate in high-level strategic decisions about product direction.
- Work closely with our engineers to build components that seamlessly fit into a larger component library / style guide.
- Help driving data visualization by collaborating with our data science team.
- Develop mockups and prototypes that effectively communicate interaction and ideas.
- Incorporate team feedback and achieve necessary consensus and buy-in.
- Use your solid understanding of usability heuristics to evaluate new and existing features, offering viable suggestions for improvements.
- Assist the engineering team throughout feature implementation, providing all necessary visual assets, styling attributes, etc.
- Before designing anything, do everything possible to familiarize yourself with the core problem you're trying to solve and all the user goals.
- Create and test rough prototypes early in the design process to create confidence in a solution.
- Contribute your design thinking skills to other areas of the platform (education, marketing, customer success, etc.)
Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years work experience building enterprise web application products. Ideal past experience includes mobile UX / UI and user research.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and desire to join a small and fast-moving team.
- Strong portfolio that exhibits mastery of design principles, attention to detail, and execution across the full design process.
- Ability to bring flows to life through prototyping and test them with users.
- Belief that the best products are uncovered through iteration and deep user empathy.
- Collaborative approach between product, design, and engineering.
- Eagerness to give and receive feedback.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected characteristic. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for Hiring, Beam will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.