UI / UX Designer
Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
THE COMPANY: NEAR (https://near.co/)
Near is the world's largest source of intelligence on people and places, processing data from over 1.6 billion monthly users across 44 countries. TheNear Platform powers data-driven marketing and enrichment offerings through a suite of SaaS products. The users of the platform can leverage audience, spatial, retail, among other data in a privacy-led environment.
Founded in 2012, Near is headquartered in Singapore with offices in California, New York, London, Paris, Bangalore, Tokyo, and Sydney. Today, marquee brands such as News Corp work with Near to provide enhanced customer experiences. Near is backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, JP Morgan Private Equity Group, Cisco Investments, Telstra Ventures, and Greater Pacific Capital.
THE OPPORTUNITY: UI/UX Designer
We’re looking for a UI / UX Designer to join our Product Team. You’ll work closely with a smart, collaborative, cross-functional team to evolve our product. We are a rapidly growing, product-driven tech company. The design choices you make will have a significant impact on the growth of the product as well as our organization. We prize excellence, curiosity, and trust and believe in moving quickly.
A Day in the Life:
- Establish and maintain UI/UX standards in our B2B data intelligence platform
- Maintain a design system that holds up for complex workflows (UI patterns, navigation, buttons,
- notifications, etc.)
- Create efficient workflows with engineers using Figma and other tools of your choice
- Implement design in the code
- Work with the product design and style guide for our SaaS platform (colors, typography, iconography)
- Work with the product team to produce high-fidelity, complete user experiences
- Illustrate design ideas using mockups, interactive prototypes, storyboards, process flow, and site maps
- Be able to defend and discuss design decisions
- Work with the product team to perform usability tests
- Move swiftly between ideation and execution
What you bring to the role:
- 5+ years in an individual contributor role in visual design / UI / UX design
- Ability to implement the design in code as an integrated part of a dev team
- Strong visual design aesthetic and interactive design knowledge as demonstrated in a portfolio
- Demonstrable skills and experience solving for complex design and product systems
- Comfort operating within a fast-paced culture that celebrates efficiency, collaboration, and impact
- Ability to work with product teams to grasp and improve requirements.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Experience working on data visualization products, especially GIS and mapping applications
- Interest and/or experience in working in a midsize startup environment
CONTRACT LENGTH: 6 months (minimum)
**ALL APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE A PORTFOLIO OF THEIR WORK**