Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that forms strong bonds between people and the brands they love. We empower brands to humanize their connections with customers through technology, resulting in better experiences and increased retention, lifetime value, and ROI. Teams use Braze to deliver highly personalized messaging experiences that span across channels, platforms, and devices. This is made possible by our stack, which is located at the core of a modern marketing technology ecosystem.
Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees. Our offices are located in New York City, San Francisco, and London. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve received the Digiday Signal Award for Best CRM, in addition to being named VentureBeat Omnichannel MMA’s “Best Bet,” a Cloud100 Rising Star in Forbes, and #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will be working within the Messaging & Automation Team, a cross-functional product team focused on the orchestration and automation of messages. You’ll create interfaces that enable our customers to build flexible and intuitive workflows. You’ll identify ways to streamline that process, reducing the time, effort, and skill required to use Braze.
You will be expected to collaborate closely with product managers, UX researchers, engineers, and your fellow product designers to deliver solutions that make Braze an easier and more enjoyable product to work with. You will need to understand our users and our business, and you will be expected to be an effective verbal and visual communicator.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Strong wireframing / prototyping skills
- Experience conducting research/partnering with user researchers
- Experience partnering with engineers to release features, products, and/or services
- Experience working on complex applications
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and learning through experimentation
- 3 years of professional experience in a related field
WHAT CAPTURES OUR ATTENTION
- Significant experience with any aspect of lifecycle marketing
- Advanced degree in HCI, interaction design, or service design
- Portfolio demonstrating two extremely strong product design or UX design skills
- Experience working on SaaS products
- Experience in an Agile organization, working in cross-functional teams / pods / verticals
- Prior experience at high-growth startups
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
- Excellent medical insurance and life assurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily catered lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.