Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work with our Dotcom & Product Growth teams, helping to drive every aspect of the UX process, brainstorming the next great experiment, and validating solutions at scale
- Take broad, conceptual growth ideas and turn them into something useful and engaging for our clients
- Design flows, optimizations, and experiences that are elegant and simple
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX Researchers, Data Scientists, Content Strategists, and more to solve complex problems through rigorous experimentation
- Focus on identifying the highest impact ideas and turning them into compelling user experiences that grow our products
- Work closely with engineering to implement and refine your designs
- Balance business goals with our user’s needs to inform product strategy
- Champion consistent experiences across platforms and contribute to our design system
- Help build our growth design practice, enabling us to do our best work, the best way
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a deep understanding of the entire design process, including user research, information architecture, wireframing and prototyping
- Is able to produce beautiful visual designs driven by strategic UX thinking
- Uses research and data to inform their designs, advocating for our users out of a deep empathy for them
- Has experience working on large marketing ecosystems and obsesses over optimizing flows (you have ideas on how to improve referrals, cross-sell, onboarding, etc.)
- Is confident leading design sprints and working with stakeholders
- Takes initiative, bring ideas to the table, and own projects
- Has experience with a test and learn approach to design, including multivariate A/B testing
- Has experience building, contributing to or working with design systems at scale, across multiple platforms
- Has strong skills and practical experience with the tools of the trade (we use Figma!)
If you’re excited to be part of Wealthsimple's mission and the impact we can have on the world, along with your resume, send us a few portfolio pieces or case studies that demonstrate:
- Your ability to produce polished and well-thought-out experiences
- Your growth and learnings throughout the project
- Your design process and how you collaborate with other disciplines