UX/ UI Designer
ABOUT WADHWANI AI
The Wadhwani Institute for Artificial Intelligence (Wadhwani AI) is an independent nonprofit institute developing AI-based solutions for underserved communities in developing countries.
We work with over 40 partners including key government agencies, international development organizations, NGOs, and research organizations to identify real-world challenges, create and deploy innovative AI solutions to reach intended users and beneficiaries – with the objective of creating sustainable, scalable impact.
Our projects are supported by leading philanthropies such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and Google.org. Our accolades include winning the Google AI Impact Challenge (one among 20 out of 2600 competitors globally) as well as multiple awards at the 2021 Fast Company World Changing Ideas.
Our current portfolio of initiatives spans tuberculosis, maternal, newborn & child health, Covid-19 and cotton farming.
As a UX Designer, you will be the chief advocate for the users and beneficiaries of our products. You will work with cross-functional teams spanning product & program management, research, and engineering to develop new products and prototypes. You will also work closely with external partners/customers such as government agencies, nonprofits, and corporates.
Human-centric design is central to our approach and will be at the forefront of how we create effective, intuitive, impactful solutions for social good. Our users and beneficiaries come from a variety of geographies, cultures, and backgrounds and your work will shape the products and services we create for these diverse groups.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and design researchers
- Develop an understanding of the end-users through secondary and primary research. Generate user personas and user scenarios
- Develop interaction flows, UI mockups, and low-fidelity prototypes, with an understanding of the technical feasibility of the prototypes
- Prepare and present designs, wireframes, and prototypes to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Deliver design solutions to stakeholders, defend design decisions and incorporate feedback into the design cycle
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- 3+ years of professional experience as a web/mobile designer. Formal education in interaction design (Bachelor's/Master's/Diploma) is a plus
- Experience designing products and interfaces for users from diverse backgrounds, (preferably including some experience with rural, underprivileged, or other vulnerable groups)
- Good eye for aesthetics: layout, grid systems, color theory and typography, visual hierarchy
- Attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
Please Note: Interested candidates must share their work portfolio along with their resume.