Senior UX Designer
PointClickCare is the leading North American cloud-based healthcare software for the acute and long-term and post-acute care markets. For over 20 years, the company has held the same vision – to help the world care for vulnerable populations. Since its inception, PointClickCare has grown exponentially with over 1,700 employees today all working towards impacting the lives of millions. Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 100 Private Cloud Companies and acknowledged by Waterstone Human Capital as Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, PointClickCare leads the way in creating cloud-based software. With its recent acquisition of Collective Medical, PointClickCare solidifies its position as a high growth healthcare software provider, serving over 21,000 long-term and post-acute care providers and over 1,300 hospitals. Their shared mission to support vulnerable populations is allowing PointClickCare and Collective Medical to connect disparate points of care at scale faster than anyone else in the market.
Are you looking to deliver solutions that truly improve people’s lives and drive real business value? Want to work on a truly innovation products with a core group of brilliant, motivated cross-discipline team members? This could be THAT opportunity…
I’ve never heard of PointClickCare. What do you do?
We’re a cloud-based software provider for the senior care market in North America. But we’re also the industry leaders in terms of growth potential and our expansion into new markets of Senior Care. We all know someone who has aging parents or grandparents. Our technology is helping to improve the quality of care for the additional 58 Million Seniors that will reside in North America over the next 16 years.
So what does a UX Designer do?
The role will tackle selected PointClickCare solutions to communicate the intended experience through artifacts such as concept maps and models, storyboards, wireframes, taxonomies, workflows and design specification. The role demands close collaboration with product managers, designers and developers to take projects from business requirements to general availability. The role has responsibilities for defending design choices using previous user research, heuristics and usability standards; lobbying for and planning validation activities to ensure a delightful user experience. The candidate will work closely with product managers and design researchers to understand stakeholders, users and the markets in which they operate; and work closely with Visual Designers and Front-End developers to ensure intended experiences are carried through.
What does a typical day look like for the UX Designer?
· This is a highly collaborative role where you will be responsible for working closely with designers, product managers, front-end developers and other solution team members to flesh out the taskflow and user experience.
· The majority of your day will be designing and communicating the intended experience through artifacts such as concept maps and models, storyboards, wireframes, taxonomies, workflows and design specification.
· You will be responsible for defending design choices using previous user research, heuristics and usability standards; lobbying for and planning validation activities to ensure a delightful user experience.
· You will be involved in helping to create and maintain our design standards, reference materials and style guide.
What does the growth potential look like?
· Many of our open jobs in are filled with internal employees. A UX Designer has the ability to move up within the UX and Product organization into more senior roles.
· Even if you’re not looking to change jobs, we offer free training on new technologies, agile training, leading others, and improving your public speaking/presentation skills, to name a few.
What qualifications do you look for?
· Most importantly, we are looking for a highly motivated, results-driven person, who has strong UX design skills and a true passion for their work and desire to make their projects succeed
· Bachelor’s or Master degree in design, human computer interaction or related field
· Senior experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role with a customer focus
· Experience in HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
· Demonstrated ability to produce quick, low-fidelity sketches on tight schedules
· Demonstrated ability to synthesize real user feedback into designs
· Demonstrated ability to create click through prototypes to test and validate working hypothesis with users.
· Demonstrated knowledge of responsive design techniques for different form factors (desktop vs. mobile)
· Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, including techniques to persuade and negotiate and the ability to articulate alternative approaches
· Demonstrated strong storytelling, presentation and leadership skills
· An understanding of interface & user experience design best practices for web and mobility devices
· Experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers implementing designs
· Knowledge of key design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Balsamiq, Sketch and Invision
· Ability to work in a dynamic, team-based environment
· Possess portfolio of previous work must be presented that demonstrate an understanding of UX design
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact email@example.com should you require any accommodations.