connectRN is a tech enabled platform connecting nurses and aides with opportunities to improve their work life. We believe nurses and aides are the backbone of the healthcare system, and deserve to be rewarded, respected, and recognized for their contributions. Our platform offers career development resources, flexible shift offerings, and the opportunity to participate in a supportive community of peer professionals. By using technology to bring nurses together, we empower healthcare workers to take control of their careers and their futures. connectRN was conceived by a nurse to empower clinicians at every experience level. Headquartered in Waltham, Mass., connectRN serves the American healthcare sector. To learn more about our platform, please visit https://www.connectrn.com/.
We are looking to hire a UX/UI Designer to solve problems for healthcare workers with elegant, beautiful, and clear digital products. Reporting to our Director of User Experience Design, this UX/UI Designer will craft beautiful interfaces and smooth interactions to delight users of our mobile and web apps.
- Improve the lives of the true backbone of our healthcare system: nurses and aides
- Create, enhance and maintain visual aesthetics cohesively across our design system
- Bring your passion for gorgeous aesthetics and slick interaction design
- Collaborate with UX designers, Product Managers, and Engineering, to solve the right problems, and solve them right
- Turn requirements, wireframes, and workflows into production-quality mockups and prototypes to be handed off to Engineers
- Partner with Engineers & QA to implement your designs just as you had envisioned
- Evolve our holistic design system to keep a high bar for interface design across our growing team
- Collaborate with Marketing to align our products’ visual design with our overall brand
- Influence and shape our own tools and processes to ensure consistency, quality, and speed both for our users and ourselves
- Continuously develop your own skill-set and craft
- Experience working as a UX / Visual designer within a product team or agency
- Strong skills in visual design, interface design, branding, illustration, especially for mobile apps
- Experience working with, and growing, a design system
- A strong portfolio demonstrating knowledge of visual design, user interface design, and interaction design for web and mobile applications
- Expertise in Figma, especially in a team environment
- Experience working alongside full-stack software development teams
- Equal comfort collaborating in live, fast-paced workshops or digitally and asynchronously
- Strong opinions, loosely held: you are opinionated but have a low ego — you push yourself and your team for the best possible outcome, and accept feedback and constructive criticism with humility
- A strong desire for collaboration with the ability to communicate and defend concepts to a multidisciplinary team and believe that great products are not driven by a single person working in isolation but by multiple unique perspectives
- Pride of craftsmanship with a high personal bar for visual design quality and a keen eye for details and knowing when they matter
- Iterating on existing web and mobile products is a plus
- Experience with Hybrid Mobile (e.g. React Native) is a plus
- Experience with in-app animation is a plus (After Effects, Lottie, Principle, etc)
- 100% employer-paid premiums for your (and your family's) Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D insurance
- Flexible schedule/work (We’re currently remote but anticipate this role to be based out of our Waltham HQ post-pandemic in a flexible model)
- Health Savings Account with contributions from connectRN of up to $2,000 annually
- Free gym and parking on-site (in Waltham)
- Flexible time off policy
- 401k with match
Please note that we are only able to hire permanent residents (green card holders) or U.S. citizens at this time.
connectRN is an equal opportunity employer. As Connectors, we embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. If this role would make you excited to come to work every day, please apply! We look forward to connecting.