FORTAMUS is looking for a UI/UX Designer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. The UI/UX Designer will also work with the development team and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
We’re seeking a motivated UI/UX Designer who is passionate about creating a user-friendly environment by writing code and moving forward in their career. The ideal candidate will be a tech-savvy professional who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
- Develop and implement new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with Back-End team to evaluate product roadmap
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Thorough understanding of modern web frameworks (React, Angular, Vue)
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML and CSS
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms (i.e., SASS)
- Direct knowledge of cloud-based computing systems such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Exposure to UI/UX testing & mocking frameworks (Jest, Mocha, Chai)
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Degree in technology-related field or commensurate bootcamp experience
- Minimum of 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience within the Financial/FinTech industry is highly preferred.
FORTAMUS is a technology-forward, data-driven, private company. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace culture, competitive compensation and generous benefits. We hire curious, collaborative, ambitious people. We empower our colleagues to make decisions vital to our success and work smartly to ensure that our clients repeatedly place their business with us. We are always improving ourselves, our business and our industry.
FORTAMUS is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at all levels of our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.