Coalfire is on a mission to make the world a safer place by solving our clients’ toughest cybersecurity challenges. We work at the cutting edge of technology to advise, assess, automate, and ultimately help companies navigate the ever-changing cybersecurity landscape. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado with offices across the U.S. and U.K., and we support clients around the world.
But that’s not who we are – that’s just what we do.
We are thought leaders, consultants, and cybersecurity experts, but above all else, we are a team of passionate problem-solvers who are hungry to learn, grow, and make a difference.
And we’re growing fast.
We’re looking for a UI/UX Designer to support our Engineering team.
The UI/UX Designer will be a part of a cross-functional team, collaborating with the UX/UI lead, project managers, and software developers. You will design and maintain a library of responsive UI solutions by implementing and building upon an established design system. Work with the development teams and product managers to gather and evaluate user requirements to add design assets and implementation details to user stories. Conducts research and studies into UX as needed, incorporating results into Nueralys/Attack Surface Management design.
What You'll Do:
- Design wireframes, user flows, interactions, and experiences that are simple, intuitive, and consistent.
- Assist in conducting usability studies, UX research, and competitive research.
- Rapid prototyping to quickly explore, iterate, and convey design solutions to solve difficult UX problems.
- Help establish frameworks and style guides as well as promote and encourage their use.
- Collaborate with product management and technical leads in requirements planning and technical design.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, and 4 years related experience or specialized training preferred.
- 5 years prior experience as a UI/UX designer
- Strong portfolio showing UX concepts and strategies you created and working examples of those ideas in execution
- Previous experience building and shipping successful products
- Comfortable working agile/scrum process
- Proven experience leading the UX process from briefs to wireframes to technical documentation.
- Must be comfortable working independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Proficient in Figma and knowledgeable of InVision, and Zeplin or similar
- Understanding of HTML/CSS and JS frameworks
- A value for simplification and use it to drive clarity, create momentum, and focus on impactful work.
- A passion to be an equal parts interaction, visual, and UX designer
- Extensive knowledge in product design and in building and shipping successful products
- An ability to maintain accountability for your assignments and ensure that no part of the process is neglected
- Pride in creating the right solution from the start and are not afraid of challenging your colleagues professionally when you disagree
Why you'll want to join us:
At Coalfire, you’ll find the support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In many cases, we provide a flexible work model that empowers you to choose when and where you’ll work most effectively – whether you’re at home or an office.
Regardless of location, you’ll experience a company that prioritizes connection and wellbeing and be part of a team where people care about each other and our communities. You’ll have opportunities to join employee resource groups, participate in in-person and virtual events, and more. And you’ll enjoy competitive perks and benefits to support you and your family, like flexible time off, certification and training reimbursement, and comprehensive insurance options.
At Coalfire, equal opportunity and pay equity is integral to the way we do business. A reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role is $78,000 to $135,000 based on national salary averages. The actual salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, geographic location, training, licensure and certifications and other factors. You may also be eligible to participate in annual incentive, commission, and/or recognition programs.