Senior UX Designer
As a Senior Experience Designer at Barbarian, you are a creator of intuitive, meaningful products and services people love to use. You are a collaborator who actively contributes to the creative vision of our work, effectively influencing the work and creating a real impact for both our teams and clients.
Benefits of Working at Barbarian:
At Barbarian, we consider our people to be our greatest asset. We have benefits and policies in place to create an inclusive and inspiring environment.
- Unlimited PTO
- Mental health support
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Competitive Parental Leave that gives you time to bond with your family.
- Flexible work set-up, remote and hybrid working is available and encouraged.
- $250 stipend to outfit your remote working space.
- 401k matching, 50% up to the first 3%
- 3% certification, which means we promote and pay everyone equally
- $5,000 employee referral bonus through 2021
- Financial incentive for new business introductions
What You Do:
- Define target users and problems
- Acts as a strategic partner with Experience Strategy, Technology and Client Engagement team to facilitate a seamless process
- Partner closely with product management to define use cases and requirements
- Research competitive products, industry trends and topics
- Convert complex problems into simple and elegant solutions
- Develop wireframes, task flows and prototypes around client and user needs
- Gather and analyze feedback from external clients and internal directors
- Distill complex processes into intuitive and impeccable designs
- Create detailed experience maps, user flows, wireframes, etc. based on deliverables from client-facing teams
- Articulate intended experience through design artifacts in critiques and presentations
- Quickly iterate and offer versions based on design critique from peers or from learnings found in user testing or feature response
- Defend design choices using previous user research, heuristics and usability standards
- Communicate designs and prototypes to developers with a proper handoff
- Present design ideas clearly and effectively with the proper rationale
- Proactively identify opportunities for new executions, efficiencies, and designs
What You Need:
- 5+ years experience working in a digital environment
- A strong online portfolio of work demonstrating design processes in creating user-centered design solutions
- Experience connecting digital and physical experiences
- Exists on the cutting edge of UX design – and pushes our user research, testing, and design infrastructure and practices.
- Obsessive attention to detail and ability to conceptualize multi-state, multi-path interaction systems and to consistently capture edge-cases.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to be able to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Aptitude to learn new design tools
- Responsive design, web design experience
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Expert in Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign
- Solid Understanding of HTML/CSS
- A collaborative, open + honest, curious and human mindset
Barbarian is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.