Senior Digital UI/UX Designer
Groundbreaking advances in synthetic biology achieved at Amyris allow us to create products that are better and safer for humans and more sustainable for the planet. The Digital group is charged with creating connected experiences and back-end services to catapult our consumer brands to global significance and impact.
Up from three at the start of the year, today we support nine exciting brands: Biossance, Pipette, Costa Brazil, Purecane, OLIKA, Terasana, Rose, Inc., JVN Hair, and EcoFabulous (see: https://amyris.com/brands).
The Senior UI/UX Designer is a critical role at Amyris that will have an opportunity to redefine the consumer shopping experience across multiple products and distribution channels. You should be skilled at driving stakeholder interviews , creating and communicating compelling stories that demonstrate the user experience vision through storyboards, wireframes and high fidelity mockups.
Please note this is a US-based position and may require up to 30% travel.
- Collaborate with broad set of stakeholders to translate vision into executable projects
- Conduct qualitative & quantitative user research and testing to propose best design solutions
- Create customer journeys and user flows, wireframes, and prototypes
- Work closely with agile product development and QA teams to deliver on roadmap projects across brands
- Conduct user research to create most creative, hassle-free user experiences that promote new customer acquisition and build brand loyalty with existing customers
- Lead design sessions with brand and product team stakeholders to capture and address pain points in the most effective way possible
- You will work with broad set of stakeholders including company executives so should be able to synthesize feedback, have empathy towards brand concerns and effectively address them while being a strong adviser of design best practices
- Contribute to our design system to ensure consistency and efficiency
- Provide thought leadership in design strategies to lead e-Commerce website design, conversion optimization and strengthen brand value
- Lead A/B testing and experimentation to increase customer engagement of different personas and increase new customer acquisition
- Perform testing on final website to ensure design quality
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Hands-on experience with various design tools such as Figma, Insignia, Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Experience with Agile methodologies and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal english language communication skills
- Experience working with project tasking tools (e.g., jira, monday.com)
- MBA preferred
- 7+ years of experience in UI/UX role with experience in ecommerce highly preferred
- Experience with motion graphics and video editing preferred
- Experience working with remote teams, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and e-commerce platforms (ideally Shopify) is a plus