Experienced UX Researcher
Oda is a company on the move. We built Norway’s leading online grocery store and now we want to share what we’ve created with the world! Delivering a huge range of high-quality, affordable groceries and fresh produce to millions of doorsteps is a complex process, but we believe we’ve cracked the code. Using data-driven methodology, with a focus on sustainability all the way along the chain, we are building the most efficient retail system in the world. With solid backing from some of the biggest international investors in the world, we’re proud to be one of the fastest growing companies in Europe.
Oda is entering Finland, and to ensure a high quality customer experience, and empathy for our customers, we are now seeking to hire a UX Researcher to join our Growth team in Finland. - Help us understand how to better serve Finnish customers: what role do we play in their lives, what’s working? what’s not? what resonates? what is missing? Help us understand the nuances in people’s relationship to food and feeding their families. Along with that, help with the development and testing of new marketing positions, value propositions, new products, new features, or even new recipes. Finally, and maybe most importantly, be a driving force within Oda for fostering deep customer empathy in all employees, regardless of how close they work to the customer experience.
As our Finnish UX researcher, you will be based in Helsinki and report to the Head of Growth for Oda Finland, working alongside marketing experts, content strategists, creatives, and the entire Finland business and operations team. In addition, you will be supported by and participate in the global Customer Research group, along with future researchers in other markets like Germany, led by our Customer Insights team in Oslo.
This is primarily a qualitative research role. As Oda is strong with data and insight, you will work closely with a data analyst to better understand both what people say and what they do, and what the data says they do. This mixed methodology approach helps us better understand both what happened and why it happens.
Oda is a customer experience-mature organization, and we use customer insight to fuel product development and strategy across the company, to continue to develop a service that has value for people. We compete on customer experience, and everyone cares deeply about making products that are well-crafted down to the details. We have first-class design tools, full control over all our products, a data-informed decision process, and a team-based culture of moving fast with autonomy. In combination with our mission to give our customers space for life, it is a fantastic place for people who really care about user experience to work.
- Lead and be hands-on in the planning, defining, conducting and analyzing UX research projects including customer interviews (field, and video/phone), customer surveys, usability studies, beta feedback rounds, and more generative techniques such as customer co-creation, service safaris, diary studies, and the like.
- Deliver actionable insights in a timely and effective manner to our local growth team as well as product, so they can quickly make better decisions.
- Work closely with the Data Analysts on our Data & Insight team to create good hypotheses for what we should do / test by combining qualitative and quantitative data.
- Create a process where we can communicate and share insights openly with everyone in the business. Customer insight belongs to everyone and in everything from strategy and development to operations.
- Support the local growth marketing team and product teams with structuring their questions into valid research plans: for the validation of ideas, hypotheses, MVPs, product concepts and the like. The objective is to keep customer input as a constant element in our work flow, not something we do only up-front or last.
- Support the growth team with identifying new user needs, pain points as well as possible new target audience opportunities and related best brand and growth strategy. We want to get continuous insights both from customers and potential customers to find new and relevant ways to increase our market share and expand our addressable market
We look for people who
- Are highly curious about people. You should love meeting and talking with new people, and have an uncanny ability to build rapport with people you have just met.
- Are talented synthesizers. You have an amazing ability to transform massive amounts of data to what really matters. You know what’s actionable and insightful, and what’s just interesting.
- Are great communicators. Clarity, both in writing and speaking, should be a strong suite.
- Know what they’re doing. As the sole UX researcher in Finland working on a cross-functional team, you will be expected to be able to take vague questions from the organization and transform them into viable research plans with the right selected research methods
- Have competence with a range of types of qualitative research techniques including contextual interviews, usability studies, heuristic evaluations, surveys, diary studies, and concept testing.
- Are scrappy and pragmatic. Quality is very important, but so is speed. You should be clever with how we can do research as effective as possible. Similarly, experienced enough to recognize trade offs between business needs, customer needs, and technology/operations capabilities.
- Have a desire to work in a data-savvy organization, with product teams that are used to being informed by data and measure outcomes by data.
- Are eager to work with a cross-discipline team. While as a senior person we expect you to be comfortable taking responsibility, Oda puts a high value on people working together.
- Thrives in an everyday life where things go fast. Oda Finland is “a startup within a scaleup” launching a totally new service. Things don’t always go as planned, but we make sure we learn from it (and smile!).
- Significant (4-10 years) of experience planning and running user research projects for the development of new products, services, or businesses, either in an agency setting or ideally already in-house
- Previous professional experience working with digital services, especially in early-stage concept development
- Experience and comfort working with cross-discipline product/tech teams, including product managers, designers, software engineers, marketers, and data analysts & scientists
- While we are an English speaking company, fluency in Finnish is a requirement for this role.
As a part of Oda you’ll will be working with enthusiastic, skilled and ambitious people, shaping tomorrow’s shopping experience. Come build the future with us!
If you’d like to know more about how we work, check out our stories on Medium. We look forward to hearing from you!