Loblaw Agency is our newly minted, in-house creative agency within our Marketing team and we are hiring many new exciting roles! At Loblaw Agency, we expertly translate our customers’ needs into real, engaging work that speaks to Canadians and drives brand love. Join our growing team and come dream up original creative for some of Canada’s most loved and trusted brands!
Loblaw is Canada's food and pharmacy leader, and the nation's largest retailer. Loblaw provides Canadians with grocery, pharmacy, health and beauty, apparel, general merchandise, financial services and wireless mobile products and services. With more than 2,400 corporate, franchised and Associate-owned locations, Loblaw, its franchisees and Associate-owners employ approximately 200,000 full- and part-time employees, making it one of Canada's largest private sector employers.
Loblaw's purpose – Live Life Well® – puts first the needs and well-being of Canadians who make one billion transactions annually in the company's stores. Loblaw is positioned to meet and exceed those needs in many ways: convenient locations; more than 1,050 grocery stores that span the value spectrum from discount to specialty; full-service pharmacies at nearly 1,400 Shoppers Drug Mart® and Pharmaprix® locations and close to 500 Loblaw locations; PC Financial® services; affordable Joe Fresh® fashion and family apparel; and a couple of Canada's top brands in President’s Choice and no name®.
Loblaw Agency is currently seeking a contract UX Designer to join our digital team supporting the Shoppers Drug Mart business. Reporting to the Director of Digital Operations, this role requires a combination of user experience creation and some asset creation. This role will work collaboratively with our digital marketers, web developers, creative team and the business.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with digital team
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps (Figma preferred)
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images aligned with AODA AA standards
- Create digital graphics, such as product previews and other visual assets.
- Continuously improve the overall experience of web applications and interfaces.
- Refine and enforce web and internal design style guidelines.
- Lead user experience efforts for all development projects across platforms advocating for user/consumer through the development process.
- Develop creative solutions to business and consumer challenges; generating or leading the development of storyboards, task flows, consumer journeys, experience maps, wire-frames, prototypes, and taxonomies.
- Provide thought leadership in the heuristic evaluations and competitive audits on existing sites/ properties for usefulness, usability, visual design, content, and branding
- Establish user experience best practices for the organization. Set and evolve optimal site conversions and experience standards. Analyze and document existing website content structure, taxonomy, page templates, and interfaces.
- Play an integral role in site usability testing. Help to plan and conduct usability tests, evaluate results, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Be an active advocate for the user experience discipline within the organization: mentor staff and senior leadership around key usability concepts and practical applications.
- Stay current on emerging industry trends, and the competitive landscape to provide insight on ways to improve usability and website functionality.
What you'll Need
- 6+ years' experience in a UX design role
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or in a tight collaborative group
- Ability to demonstrate leadership in the area of web design and user experience
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- A passion for all things digital
At Loblaw Agency, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.