Lead UX Designer
Fairmarkit is the intelligent sourcing platform that empowers organizations to more efficiently purchase the goods and services they need. By equipping procurement and supply-chain teams with automation and data, Fairmarkit promotes competitive bidding while reducing manual work within existing processes. Fairmarkit has been recognized with awards by organizations such as Gartner and IDC, and is backed by strategic investors like GGV Capital, Insight Partners, 1984.VC, and Newfund.
Fairmarkit is looking for an experienced, talented, and motivated UX designer to produce high-quality experiences for our end users. In this role, you’ll work to create new design patterns and guidelines while collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams to bring your visions to life. You’ll have the opportunity to shape the user experience in meaningful and ethical ways, making life better for our end users and customers. You know how to work collaboratively with Product Management, Engineering, customers, and others to create the UX designs. As a lead UX designer, you are ultimately responsible for the complete lifecycle of the design experience across Fairmarkit’s platform and take pride in delivering excellent experiences that enable our customers to achieve their goals.
If you are a problem-solver who can deliver quality content in a demanding environment under tight deadlines, then this may be your perfect opportunity to take your career to the next level on a small, agile writing team at a fast-growing company. This is a great opportunity to be a critical part of an innovative, fast-growing team.
What you'll do:
- Understand all the core user journeys and business processes that Fairmarkit automates, and design optimal user experiences that help our end users to effectively automate their tasks on Fairmarkit’s platform.
- Create compelling user journeys, wireframes, detailed UX flows, pixel perfect screens, and prototypes that show micro interactions and full experiences.
- You are excellent at communicating your design recommendations to both feature teams and leadership to help drive strategy and create experiences that customers need and love
- Help teams to translate deep technical conversations through a lens of user needs; You have the tenacity and creativity to work through ambiguity and tell the story of what’s possible.
- Contribute to and shape our design team's platform style guide, tools and practices to scale our impact across the organization.
- Ensure active collaboration with cross-functional teams within Fairmarkit including engineering, product management, technical writers, and support.
- You proactively respond to and seek documentation feedback from internal and external customers.
- Leading, coaching, and advocating for your team—inspiring and elevating them to their best potential. Provide regular feedback and guidance to ensure a high bar of quality.
- Mentor UX designers on your team; Promote and educate others on new interface guidelines and design patterns.
What you'll Bring:
- 4+ years of experience with UX design, including 2+ years as a people manager
- Background in HCI, Design, or a related field; Know the theory behind interaction design, and are an expert at using design tools like Figma to translate ideas into working products
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Collaborative mindset
- Ability to empathize with the customer
- Strong understanding of agile software development
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
- Enjoy learning new technology
Headquartered in Boston, and backed by a $30M Series B co-led by GGV Capital and Insight Partners, we are looking for exceptional candidates who want to help grow our company into a global enterprise and make their mark on the B2B tech industry. Come soar to new heights with us!
Fairmarkit is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.