Lead Product Designer
NuvoAir helps to improve the lives of those affected by severe respiratory conditions such as COPD, Asthma, IPF and Cystic Fibrosis. With a fully integrated digital solution that combines a medical device and a mobile app, we help patients and their physicians monitor their respiratory health from home, preventing life-threatening situations, improving clinical outcomes, and reducing health care costs. Our platform is also used by the world’s top pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and therapeutics companies in their global clinical trials.
Named one of the best HealthTech start-ups of the Nordics, we are a global company based out of Boston, MA (USA) and Stockholm (Sweden) working with thousands of patients and doctors across multiple countries. Our team is a melting pot of different backgrounds, cultures, and nationalities but motivated by one single goal: improving the lives of our members.
Where you’ll see your impact As our first dedicated senior UI/UX designer, you’ll be involved in the development of all of our products and features. Reporting into our head of Product Innovation, your work will mostly revolve around the design of our mobile platform and apps, as well as our online channels and web portals through which physicians and patients connect. You will translate the product vision into beautiful and engaging products, gather user feedback, and relentlessly iterate on it to deliver the best possible customer experience.
What you’ll be responsible for
Manage every aspect of the design process for products, features, and functionalities in collaboration with our Product and Engineering teams
• Create sketches, detailed wireframes, user flows, functional specifications, flowcharts, prototypes, and high fidelity mockups and effectively communicate them clearly to relevant teams, including our Engineering team
• Serve as a design thinker, processing user insights and experiences and running usability tests to turn concepts into intuitive and elegant interfaces
• Develop modern, sleek, and client-focused visual design to deliver a consistent and on-brand experience
• Pragmatically balancing quality and speed, knowing that product design and development at a startup is an iterative process
• Use engagement metrics and analytics to understand our users’ pain points and to optimize their experience
This may be a fit if you have
• Include your portfolio in your application — this should show your UX and UI design experience
• Bring 5-7 years of experience in product design, interaction design, visual design and user experience for mobile applications and at least 2-3 years of experience of one specific consumer product
• Are an expert at the mechanics of ideation, wireframing, user journeys & personas, task lists, and user testing
• Mastered the formal aspects of visual design including typography, color, and layout
• Manifest thought leadership in the realm of UI/UX, enabling you to think innovatively and intelligently on the items that matters the most
• Demonstrated expertise in developing information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, and visual design for web and mobile products
• Mastered Photoshop, Figma, Illustrator, Sketch or similar tools
You’ll love us because
• Mission driven culture that encourages collaboration and innovation
• Fast growing startup that enables you to learn and grow quickly
• A global, diverse team that works hard without taking ourselves too seriously
• Hybrid work environment - choose to work up to two days remote
• Competitive salary
• Equity that’s venture-backed by top, global VCs
• Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
• Retirement plan + company match
Building a diverse team is critical to our success
At NuvoAir, building a diverse team isn't a lofty statement or goal, it's a necessity, and it's something we actively practice and talk about. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. NuvoAir will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with documented disabilities.