Who We Are
The grocery industry is in a state of flux. Consumers are embracing technologies, devices, and services that make everyday tasks like shopping, cooking, and list-making quicker, easier, more fun, and more efficient. Mercatus empowers grocers to adopt this change driven by consumer demand, allowing them to grow with the evolving needs of today’s shoppers. We create and build web and mobile applications exclusively for grocery retailers, helping them to extend their brand’s online presence, offer personalized experiences to their customers, and sell their products on the web. This is all done through one cohesive, enterprise-grade SaaS platform.
As a key member of our design team, you will be responsible for researching, conceptualizing and creating intuitive and engaging digital experiences in line with our design system, product strategy and brand. Your role will include design planning, research, ideation, prototyping, with key focus areas on the creation of low-fidelity wireframes and the design of polished hi-fidelity concepts to be developed into engaging interactive digital experiences.
You will work closely with our creative director, your design teammates, our product team, our engineering team, and our client services team primarily supporting collaboration efforts between Design, Product and Engineering, helping us continue to build and enhance our overall product experience.
What You Bring
- Diploma/degree in graphic, UX / Digital Design, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a design role with a technology or agency environment
- Advanced to expert level proficiency with Sketch App
- Demonstrated experience creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, IA diagrams and sitemaps
- The ability to create fast prototypes using Sketch+Craft/InVision App
- Commercially published work in visual/graphic design, UX/UI design and/or web design
Nice to Have
- Experience using Abstract design versioning platform
- Advanced level proficiency with Adobe Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator; InDesign experience is an asset too
- Ability (but not essential) to implement finalized designs using HTML/CSS3/SCSS/
- Responsive CSS; experience with custom Drupal implementations, themes, plugins
- Basic working knowledge of PHP
- Experience in third-party integrations leveraging APIs
- Experience in print design
We’re not just helping grocery retailers grow, we’re helping more than 80 team members grow personally and professionally. The best thing about working at Mercatus is the people. We solve challenging problems every day. We’re scaling a company where people can build their work around their life, and not the other way around. Flexibility and full autonomy mean you’re in the driver’s seat to create a schedule that works for you and your passions. We’re looking for people who will make our culture even better people who have a desire to collaborate and bring their unique creativity to the table. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
What You’ll Get
• Competitive compensation & employee stock option plans
• 100% company-paid benefits plan starting day one
• Team Udemy account
• Wellbeing programs to look after your mental and physical health, including a lifestyle & wellness spending account
• Employee Referral program
• Collaborative and supportive work environment
• Fun (Virtual) Company socials and events to build strong relationships with your colleagues
Mercatus is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us grow as a team and ultimately achieve our goals. Our culture is one of belonging in which each person is accepted and valued for their individuality. As such, if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know so we can work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all of those who take the time to apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals, please.