Senior Experience Designer
At projekt202, we solve our clients’ business challenges by creating experiences that engage, innovate, disrupt and delight. Our team is passionate about human-centric experience strategy, design and development and enjoys delivering amazing concepts and digital solutions for our clients. We have fun and enjoy hanging out with each other in a culture that supports and celebrates our diverse talents, backgrounds and skills.
*You put users at the center of every decision
*You listen, learn and lead
*You ask “Why” and “What if?” You can often be heard saying “Yes and…”
*You are flexible, collaborative and welcome differing perspectives
*You thrive in uncharted territory and push at your comfort zones
*You lead in a way that inspires your colleagues and earns the respect of our clients
*You are an authentic, personable communicator.
We’re growing, and we're looking for Senior UX Designers to join our team on a contract basis. You’ll report to our Director of User Experience and work within multi-disciplinary teams to deliver great software experiences for our customers.
Senior Experience Designers work closely with clients to define business and user requirements, translate these requirements into design elements and ensure client objectives are satisfied throughout project development. They produce deliverables like user personas, conceptual models, requirements matrices, site/screen maps, process flows, wireframes, etc., and collaborate with cross-functional teams to create great interactive experiences for our customers.
The kind of person we’re looking for:
· You love the challenge, diversity and the dynamic pace of agency life
· You’ve got all personality traits of your average UX ninja: detail oriented to a fault, quality-driven, and methodical
· You’re service-oriented, and know what great professional services should feel like to clients
· The idea of presenting to a room of client executives gets you excited, because you possess great presentation and communication skills
· You’re an excellent writer. You know the difference between “its” and “it’s” and it bugs you when people get them wrong
· You’re fundamentally user-centered and love to design from research-based insights — but you’re completely willing to dive into design without them when budgets, timelines, and extenuating circumstances rule
STUFF YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT
What motivates you:
· Pursuit of excellence in your craft & execution. You’re passionate about User Experience and its ability to make the world a better place. You expect A+ work from yourself and your teammates, and you care about producing great work. No half-assing it, only full-ass for you. You’re always learning, developing yourself, and pushing beyond the standards you see around you. It’s your way of life.
· You value connections with your colleagues and clients. You draw your energy from human interaction. You’re confident and engaging. People are energized by the way you engage them. Amazing teamwork is your everyday ambition.
· You thrive in uncharted territory. The uncertain and unknown are your playgrounds. Your personal compass pushes you out of comfort zones. Your courageous leadership inspires your colleagues and clients.
· Curiosity didn’t kill the cat, it made you the rock star that you are. You are driven by an insatiable desire to know more, to know why, to ask what if. Your curiosity inspires you and powers your imagination.
· You’re a born collaborator, and truly appreciate the perspectives of other brains. You respect & attract your colleagues & clients’ opinions. You ask great questions.
What you'll be doing:
- Work collaboratively with other design disciplines to ensure continuity, leverage other specializations, and maintain a holistic perspective
- Ensures quality of own work and that of others on the project is in line with methodology, best practice, trends, company standards, and SOW
- Presents creative solutions to clients with well-articulated and relevant rationale
- Reviews project responsibilities and timelines, anticipating challenges and opportunities to exceed expectations within the project budget
- Fields, documents and ensures resolution of client/vendor questions, requests, and concerns via appropriate projekt202 team members
Qualifications and Requirements
- PORTFOLIO REQUIRED
- 5+ years professional experience as an interaction designer, user experience designer, or information architect. Pick your label.
- A comprehensive understanding of usability best practices and user-centered design for websites, web-based applications, software UI, and other digital channels. Mobile experience is a plus.
- Significant experience creating and maintaining design systems.
- Experience as interaction lead for large, transactional websites or web-based applications
- Experience with user research and usability testing
- Superior client-presentation skills with the ability to talk to and understand stakeholders from creative, marketing, and technical teams
- ·Expertise in Figma, Sketch, & XD.
IF YOU READ NOTHING ELSE
1. We're looking for someone with solid experience designing transactional interactions from a UX perspective. As a whole, we tend to gravitate to complex, enterprise-level projects.
2. We want to see examples of your work online. You have to have a portfolio and you have to give us a link to it in your application. Applications without examples of work won't be considered. Portfolios that do not include UX deliverables will not be considered.
If this sounds like you, let's talk. Please visit www.projekt202.com to learn more about our methodology and culture to see why you should join us on this amazing journey.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Direct applicants only, no agency submittals please.
At this time, projekt202 does not provide sponsorship.