Senior Product Manager
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
More than 250 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation, including AbbVie, American Family Insurance, Cisco, Exelon, Finnair, Munich Re, New Balance, Pfizer, Scandinavian Airlines, and US Foods. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list and is backed by leading venture capitalists including Blackstone, Costanoa, Data Collective, Dell Technologies, Icon, ISAI Cap, Riverwood, Salesforce, Sanabil, Sapphire and Snowflake Ventures.
With more than $217M in funding - valued at $1.2 billion, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
We’re looking for a world-class Product Leader who shares our vision for a more curious and rational world and can evangelize our vision internally and externally. As a PM at Alation you will be working on the core data catalog functionality, including data dictionary and business glossary.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive Alation’s UI and UX strategy. Own the vision of the catalog as the content management system.
- Lead the ideation, research, design, development, and launch of new features and functionality.
- Build relationships with customers, understand user needs, identify, and define product requirements. Be data-driven by creating and using metrics to make objective prioritization decisions.
- Create clear goals for the team. Drive product development with a world-class team of Designers and Engineers.
You should have:
- 3-6 years of hands-on product management experience in an agile environment.
- Demonstrated track record to lead the ideation, research, design, development, and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication skills: communicate clearly about complex technical solutions and relating them to business results.
- Ability to develop product strategy based on insights from quantitative and qualitative user research.
You'll be a great fit if:
- You have significant experience with Content Management systems.
- Passion for creating great user experiences.
- You can excite others with your ideas.
- You are a humble, thoughtful, and vocal advocate for your users.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!