About ProbablyMonsters™ Family of Studios
ProbablyMonsters Family of Studios is developing 3 simultaneous AAA games in multiple genres. Since our launch in 2019, we have built 3 studios so far. Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer game to be exclusively published by PlayStation. Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game and our RPG Team has a next-gen open world experience in progress.
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in game development history at $200 MILLION to continue building long-lasting game studios. We are committed to providing our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers. Our Monster mindset of people-first, our ethos of predictable excellence, and our purpose of inspiring a healthier industry has attracted 200+ like-minded professionals who unapologetically defend the sustainable home we have built together, a home free of storms that allow for focused game development.
The Product Group is the team responsible for the end-to-end success of our family of studios within our ecosystem, accelerating development and providing vision, support, guidance, tools, and processes to solve common development challenges, allowing teams to focus on making amazing games.
ProbablyMonsters is looking for a Senior UX Product Designer to join our Product Group. In this role, you will have a great opportunity to lead the design of a newly architected toolset for managing our product portfolio and driving its integration with future web app solutions.
You will pioneer our UX design methodology and design our product management tool suite, solving an immediate core business need, with future goals to evolve our tools while integrating new technology and systems. There is also potential to partner with our central engineering teams to lead UX design across the studio-facing toolsets powering our game services. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a team passionate about games and UX design, and build a business-wide, critical system from the ground up.
Who You Are:
- A seasoned and creative designer with a huge passion for designing user-centric tooling and connective experiences.
- Passionate about building high-quality web and mobile experiences on a dynamic and growing team.
- A strategic thinker that can build a vision and build a plan to execute both short and long term.
- Someone who can design and prove out concepts before working with engineering teams on full implementation.
- A visionary that sees where the industry is headed and thoughtfully leads UX into meeting future challenges.
- A designer with an awesome portfolio demonstrating the evolution of products across a product lifecycle or similar.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the charge in how we develop UX pipelines, design best practices and systems, and drive internal branding across our bespoke tooling.
- Work within the Product Group, reporting to the Director of Production, to design how we manage our portfolio of products through key developer stages and global releases.
- Collaborate with partners to gather requirements and present solutions that can scale, be easily supported, and work well across all our systems.
- Create task flows, wireframes, prototypes, and other interaction design deliverables using tools such as Figma or Adobe XD.
- Conduct usability testing and incorporate user and team feedback.
- Create visually stunning interfaces that make using our tools a pure joy.
- Provide assets, specifications, and guidance for the implementation of the user interface throughout the development process.
- Rapidly iterate on prototypes and designs to A/B test and experiment on the most effective solutions.
- 5+ years of experience designing exceptional experiences for complex, data-driven web and mobile applications.
- A broad UX web app portfolio that demonstrates problem-solving at scale across multiple projects and endpoints; we’d be excited to see that as part of your application.
- Experience facilitating activities to gather insights on user needs and goals and conducting usability testing.
- Experience leading one or more critical products in direction and strategic thinking while developing product goals, identifying opportunities, and making decisions based on the customer impact and product vision.
- Experience in designing interactions accounting for customer needs, emotions, and scalability.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Excellent visual design skills and sensibilities.
- Expert in Figma, Sketch, Principle, or other visual design, wireframing, and prototyping tools.
- Help teams across the organization, including Product Management and Engineering, gain alignment on the user, business, and technical needs.
- Degree in Design (Interaction, Product, Communication, HCD, or related) or equivalent experience.