UX Research at Udemy
Udemy’s User Experience and Market Research team is an influential group guiding our global learning solutions, from concept through delivery of the shipped product, making sure that our experiences are intuitive, accessible, and delightful. Reporting into the VP of Product Design & Research, we work side-by-side with product managers, engineers, data scientists, product designers, and business stakeholders to collaboratively build world-class product experiences across all screens and devices for our diverse, international community. You’ll be an instrumental part of the UX and product teams, influencing our product roadmap, research and design process, and everything in between. We’re a close-knit bunch who enjoy problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Our UX researchers bring deep empathy and advocacy for our global customers to every business group in the company - from product and design to brand strategy and content. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork.
About this role
As a UX Researcher focused on our global Instructor community, you will be responsible for driving strategy for one of our most valuable user groups. You will directly support our Instructor team, helping Instructors to share their valuable knowledge around the world and ensure that they are set up for success on our platform. Your insights will have direct input into our Instructor strategy, features, and more.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Build a robust understanding of our Instructors and communicate their needs and goals across the organization
- Identify and prioritize open questions about our Instructors and proactively plan your research roadmap in partnership with product teams
- Partner with product managers, designers, and engineers to design, plan, and execute on high priority research
- Streamline processes by identifying areas of improvement and enacting those changes
- Support the entire organization by providing guidance on Instructor needs and motivations
- Scale the research team’s impact by coaching and empowering stakeholders to conduct their own DIY research projects
What we’re looking for
- You have 4+ years leading UX research projects
- You’re highly-collaborative and have a low-ego approach.
- You’re open minded about everything and always looking to learn more about research, the ed tech industry and looking to try out new methods in your work.
- You’re capable of actively managing your time and communication strategy when dealing with collaborators across multiple time zones.
- You’re an ambassador for research who brings diverse stakeholders together to align and work together to solve problems.
- You regularly and clearly articulate your research process, methodology and findings.
- You demonstrate expertise in your product area through mastery of best practices and knowledge of the competitive landscape.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, millions of students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity,passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is publicly traded and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News