What is Topia?
Topia is a global technology company that builds powerful, easy-to-use tools for companies to manage their employees around the world. We want people to be able to work anywhere from A(ndalucia) to Z(agreb), be it a one-week business trip in Berlin or a three-year assignment in Moscow.
What’s our design team like?
Topia’s design team is small, nimble, and influential. Improving ease of use is a top company priority, and the design team is highly valued within the organization. Topia is experiencing one of its most exciting periods to date, so we’re looking to hire a passionate UX Designer to join the rest of the design team in Estonia. This role will report directly to the Design Lead, who reports to the C-team. This position is temporary for 12 months with the potential to become permanent.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who does great work. That’s about it. We don’t need a fancy resume or decades of experience — just an ability to turn complex problems into simple, delightful user experiences. We’re also looking for someone who is:
• Skilled in experience design, but comfortable with related areas of research and content design
• Well-versed in business objectives and how they relate to company success
• Open to feedback and enthusiastic about working with others
• Proficient in modern design tools and software (we use Figma)
• Able to explain work processes and design decisions to others
What will you do?
• Manage end-to-end interaction design, from discovery to implementation
• Partner with product managers and engineers to define the strategy for your core product area
• Contribute to our React-based design system, component library, and design processes
• Focus on what you do best — whether that’s sketches, wireframes, prototypes, designs, or code
• Enjoy fantastic collaboration with colleagues who truly value your contributions and support you
• Participate in design reviews to share your work with others, including company leadership
What's our hiring process like?
After receiving your application, we’ll do a quick review before scheduling a few meetings. These will include a quick conversation with Mariann from People & Culture, a chat with Henri from Design, and a final meeting with the rest of the design team. You’ll also have the opportunity to show us your skills in any way you can. If you need help showing off, we’ll provide a quick take-home assignment where you can let your creativity go wild (about 2 hours of your time, with guaranteed feedback).
What do we offer?
Our team of 30+ nationalities enjoys great compensation, numerous benefits, flexible work opportunities, company events, stock options, office perks — the list goes on. But what makes Topia truly special is the generous time off (far beyond national averages) and a strong focus on work-life balance. Your happiness = better work = our happiness.
Topia is the leader in Global Talent Mobility. We empower enterprise HR teams to deploy, manage and engage employees anywhere in the world. The Topia Global Talent Mobility platform enables businesses to deliver mobility as part of a broader talent and business strategy with enhanced employee experiences. This drives competitive advantage by ensuring the right people in the right place at the right time. The Topia platform automates the entire global talent mobility process, from scenario-based planning, compliance risk management, expat payroll, reporting and more. Topia powers global talent mobility programs for many of the world’s most trusted brands, including Schneider Electric, Dell, Veolia, Equinor, AXA. Topia has raised over $100M from New Enterprise Associates (now NewView Capital), Notion Capital and others, and is a global company with offices throughout the Americas and EMEA. For more information, visit www.topia.com and follow Topia on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.