FireMon pioneered improving security outcomes by improving security operations in the cybersecurity industry. Technologies have changed, the threats have evolved, but our mission remains the same. Our culture is built upon four employee-driven values that focus on problem-solving, work/life balance, motivation, and innovation. These values are core to everything we do and fuel the impact our employees have on our customers, product, and overall organization. Each person is empowered to have a voice and is encouraged to collaborate, be creative, provide valuable insights, and play a role in the company's success.
The User Experience (UX) Designer designs and documents web-based enterprise software applications and must be able to analyze, design, prototype, and document new and existing applications and system behavior based on and related to user or system design specifications. To do so, the UX Designer must understand the basic advantages and limitations of the technologies used, including HTML, CSS, AngularJS/angular and Bootstrap Framework.
The UX Designer must identify and prioritize the interaction needs of the end user to design usable and efficient interaction. To do so, the UX Designer identifies problems and ensures a user-centered approach using a variety of methods: surveys, interviews, focus groups, system analysis techniques, and results analysis. Then, the UX Designer must use the findings to generate functional requirements, lead and participate in brainstorming sessions, create prototypes, design, and conduct usability studies, thus effectively iterating the design from an idea to a production application or system. The UX Designer must adhere to standard UI design principles to promote structure, simplicity, visibility (no extraneous or distracting information); and tolerance (interpreting all reasonable actions as reasonable). The UX Designer will reuse and promote reuse of constructs, and champion sticking to the standards identified.
About the role
- Start with the big picture and employ empathy for the user to imagine and create experiences that solve problems
- Develop and maintain UX design deliverables that capture requirements, including sketches, wireframes, interaction design, final design comps, visual assets, component and pattern libraries, and design specifications
- Drive the design phase forward, practice rapid iteration, and move quickly
- Track design progress, identify potential issues, and proactively work on solutions
- Complete thorough, iterative UX reviews, striving for pixel perfection and best-in-class user experience
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of best practices and industry trends, while identifying unique, forward-thinking, and innovative design opportunities
- Create scenarios, information architecture, wireframes, user-flows, visual design and other artifacts rooted in thorough research and cross-team collaboration
- Create prototypes and specs to pass to engineering to ensure successful implementation of the designs
- Ability to work independently, managing schedules in a dynamic, multi-project environment
- Familiarity and ability to promote appropriate usability testing and user research endeavors
Required Skills and Experience
- 5 or more years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Design, Fine Arts, Industrial Design, Human-Machine Interaction, Computer Science or related field of study
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of user centric principles, user experience design, and best practices
- Produce deliverables that are professional, polished, visually appealing, and support best practices with a minimal amount of oversight
- Mastery of common creative tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch or equivalent
- Experience using Rapid Prototyping tools such as Figma and Axure
- Knowledge and experience with accessibility guidelines
- Experience or willingness to conduct user interviews and testing with customers
- Rapid creation of working prototypes or mockups for demonstration purposes
- Experience in creating design system a plus
- Expertise creating a variety of interaction design documents including user scenarios, task flows, conceptual models, competitor analysis, heuristic analysis, and annotated wireframes
- Not a coder/developer, but possess an understanding of development technologies like Bootstrap and Angular
- Creative, but also organized and efficient – documentation is key
- Team player, comfortable working side by side with product managers, developers, program management and tech docs teams
- Experience working in an Agile-based environment
What it Takes to be Part of the FireMon Team
FireMon provides persistent network security for hybrid environments through a powerful fusion of real-time asset visibility, continuous compliance, and automation. Since creating the first-ever network security policy management solution, FireMon has delivered command and control over complex network security infrastructures for more than 1,700 customers.
Our customers have unique and complex security problems that are difficult to solve. This doesn’t intimidate us, it inspires us. It pushes us to be more creative and find solutions to ensure their success. If this sounds like a movement you'd be interested in joining, we invite you to apply today.
FireMon provides equal employment [opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.