Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the design practice here at Xero
Xero is incredibly user centric, which means design is at the heart of all our product development. The Product Design team is a vital part of Xero’s success and our product makes a meaningful difference in the lives and businesses of millions people around the world. We have some really awesome humans in our design practice, working across Xero’s products internationally.
Globally we are a team 150+ practitioners (and growing!), spanning across NZ, AU, UK, USA and Canada. Within the design function we have 5 main areas, Product design, Design Research, Design Operations, Digital Accessibility and Service Design. We are all one team and as a result work cross functionally with our development and product teammates in order to create the most beautiful and enjoyable experiences for our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Working on evolving & innovating on a recently launched product, solving problems from beginning to end - from conceptualising new ideas to working with engineering peers in shipping pixel perfect experiences.
- Working closely with design researchers, product peers, engineering and tech leads.
- Contributing to the definition and articulation of ‘the problem’ – challenging assumptions and 'pre-set' thinking around solutions.
- Create wireframes low/high-fi, visual frameworks, content/data models etc which articulate the components, journeys and elements required to solve the problem.
- Exploring ideal future concepts and identify new interaction solutions and patterns that meet customer needs in a better way
What we need from you:
- An experienced product designer, accustomed to human-centered design methods and principals
- Ideally an individual with experience in SaaS products and if not, customer- centric product
- A true team player, someone who demands a collaborative approach in a cross functional environment
- Bigger picture mentality what you'll be building may integrate into other product areas & teams
- Strong UI skills. Whilst there will be discovery involved along the way, the core efforts will be designing #beautiful customer-facing experiences, and working closely with engineering peers in bringing them to life.
- Solid communicator and the ability to lead conversations that drive ideas, presenting & communicating conceptual ideas, design rationale, and the design process within a cross-functional team.
What you can look forward to
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you. Who says you can't have fun while you do the best work of your life?
We see the value in work-life balance, many of us take full advantage of our flexible working arrangements, so whether you like to get a surf in before work, like to head home in time to pick up the kids or you just like working from the comfort of your own home now and then, we want to support you.
We trust you to build your career to the best of your ability and we will support your hunger to learn with training and career mentorship, to help you flourish. Our facilities and PX teams work hard to give us great workspaces with all the tech company perks so join us and experience our awesome culture!
To apply for this opportunity please make sure an updated portfolio is included.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.