Apply for this job
About Grafana Labs:
There are more than 700,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a SpaceX launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include two other open-source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs) and Grafana Tempo (for traces)
We’re looking for a designer to improve and expand the capabilities of Grafana’s custom Design System. The Design System Designer will work together with UX, Product Designers, and Front-End Engineers to create new components and maintain existing ones while defining their interactions and documenting their behaviour. Your contributions will directly impact the accessibility and looks of our product, and you will have the opportunity to define our design language.
Grafana’s UX team is currently made up of 15 people working around the globe. The company and our offerings are growing rapidly. The UX team is critical in delivering a consistently high quality experience to our users in this fast paced environment.
- Defining Grafana’s product design language for web first, and additional mobile platforms in the future
- Collaborating with the UX team and Front-End engineers to design reusable and accessible UI components, patterns, and interactions
- Documenting how the design system components are intended to work, using real-life examples Identifying and tracking key metrics to define the success of the overall design system as well as successful implementation of component parts
- Serving as a resource to users - designers and engineers - of the design system: suggesting appropriate components and interactions as needed, supporting implementation and maintenance of the design system components, and ensuring that the quality of implementation meets the design requirements
- Being a champion for accessibility
- You are comfortable working in a remote-first company; communication is key. For us, working together means being collaborative, friendly, kind, and respectful. We operate by consensus, you can contribute to a discussion but then commit to the team decision
- Previous experience creating, maintaining, and implementing a complex design system in Figma
- Knowledge of best practices, guidelines, and limitations when designing for web and mobile
- Experience designing solutions that follow WCAG accessibility standards
- A portfolio showcasing UI work with high attention to details is required
- You can easily and clearly communicate in English (both written and spoken)
Equal Opportunity Employer- At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.