Visual and Product Designer
Maple is the next evolution of DeFi protocols creating an institutional capital marketplace. Premium crypto institutions borrow from Lending Pools funded by the DeFi ecosystem transparently and efficiently. The protocol is governed by the Maple Token (MPL), which was successfully launched in May.
Join our world class team, backed by some of the leading Venture Capitalists in the space including Framework Ventures, Polychain Capital, Alameda Research, One Block, Aave CEO - Stani Kulechov and Synthetix Founder - Kain Warwick.
Together we'll embark on a mission to power the capital markets of the future - efficient, permissionless and global.
Competitive Salary + Token Allocation | Full Time | Contract | Remote anywhere in Europe or Asia
We are looking for a keen, hungry Visual and Product Designer to join our superb design team. We are a collaborative team working on the admirable task of lowering the "complexity" barrier to entry of DeFi for users of all types. You'll be a generalist: natural curiosity for art and design with a driven focus to continue growing your skillset and your portfolio…
The team you'll join, learn from, personally contribute to and complement come from an unparalleled pedigree of experience. They learned and defined their craft & skills in environments like RISD, SCAD, Kraken, Ripple and Google, this will be the standard of mentorship supporting you.
Being a hyper growth startup at the cutting edge of technology, building the future of global capital markets we all wear multiple hats and truly explore all of our limitations to develop. You'll very quickly have the opportunities to take ownership of high value priority tasks and projects, ultimately truly having an impact and influence on how Maple evolves.
- Prior UI/UX or product design experience
- Experience with user research, user stories etc
- Good at fast prototyping
- Have a very strong well rounded portfolio
- Good grasp of a broad range of creative design tools (e.g. Figma, and Adobe)
- Exposure to WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) and ADA, or related tools
- Knowledge of creative design principles for web and/or mobile platforms
- Strong command of both written and spoken English
Nice if you have it
- Crypto experience or interest whether as a user or professionally
- Excellent graphic design, typographic and layout skills
- Worked with marketing team to provide visual supports
- Design nerd: way too into design trends, blogs, magazines and watch docs
What's in it for you
- Base salary paid in your choice of crypto (USDC) or local fiat currency
- MPL token allocation, giving you a stake in Maple’s long term success
- 30 days paid time off per year
- Fully remote and flexible working giving you the autonomy to live and work your way
- Optional access to shared working space at your local WeWork or equivalent
- Contract or full time employment opportunities including all local statutory benefits
- Fully transparent and collaborative team culture
- Funding for personal skills development
- Annual team offsite events
- Help define the future of Maple and be part of the vision to expand the digital economy
With our current 4 lending pools fast approaching the $400M point collectively, and further pools imminent, now is the time to join the most exciting project in DeFi. If you subscribe to the values of Maple - Personal Ownership, Focused Execution, User Prioritisation, Innovative Mindset - and want to be part of a collaborative culture focused on bringing Global Finance into the future, then we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your application and will be in touch after having a chance to review.
In the meantime, here are some links to more information about Maple to help you check us out: