Responsible Recruiter: Temitope Ayodele
We have built the KONUX Predictive Maintenance System for rail switches, the first AI-based solution for the rail industry.
As a UI/UX Designer, you will solve complex design problems with a focus on our users’ needs. You are a well-rounded designer, who steps back to analyze complex workflows but also dives into the interactions and visual details. You are comfortable sharing early and often feedback, collaborating with other designers and cross-functional stakeholders to establish a world-class user experience for our customers across our digital product platform. This role is primarily focused on UI Design, however you should feel comfortable with tools and methods from the complete UX Design process. Our ideal candidate has a clean design sense, and is dedicated to molding complex, dry experiences into simple, delightful ones.
When pioneering a new technology, the unexpected is expected. Thus, the KONUX Culture includes a growth mindset, resilience, and flexibility. This means: seeing setbacks as learning opportunities and encouraging you to drive harder. Improving continuously by failing fast and learning fast. Staying up when the going gets tough. Thinking and acting without barriers within a highly dynamic environment, based on data-driven decisions. If you share that culture… Apply and become a part of the KONUX vision: Transform railway operations for a sustainable future!
- Take broad ideas and rough concepts and turn them into something delightful and valuable
- Work together with other designers to build solutions that are unquestionably simple, intuitive, and “just work” for our users
- Talk to customers and the support teams to gain empathy for customer problems, needs, and mental models
- Support design decisions by testing internally and leading user testing sessions with customers.
- Translate complexity into user-friendly experiences by wireframing, prototyping, and visually refining designs (Emphasis on UI Design)
- Closely collaborate with engineers to refine all use cases, accompany the implementation and ship quality products
- Help shape our internal design system with consistency and efficiency in mind
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience designing web-based tools or applications
- Experience designing B2B products in an in-house position.
- A track record of launching and shipping successful projects (please provide a link to your website/portfolio)
- Experience with AI driven solutions
- The ability to explore and test a breadth of approaches with a pen or prototype
- A body of work that shows the process behind the result and a user-centered approach
- Problem solver personality and ability to communicate the reasons behind design decisions
- Appreciation for the details with a focus on exploring broad perspectives
- Early and often feedback seeking habit from both customers and colleagues
- Fluency in Sketch and other design tools (e.g. Zeplin, Figma, etc.)
- A collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others
- Full working proficiency in English
Enabling a Data-Driven World
At KONUX, we are empowering the rail industry by building the best possible predictive analytics solutions for our customers. We strive to help industrial companies improve their maintenance and performance decision making in a data-driven world. A career at KONUX is for those who want to be at the forefront of analytics, working to make notable improvements to train reliability which affects hundreds of millions of commuters every day. Our culture prioritizes the customer first, and all employees are expected and empowered to take ownership of their daily responsibilities. If this sounds like the type of environment you thrive in, then we want to hear from you!
At KONUX, we focus on results. We believe that a diverse team achieves better results faster. So here’s the deal: You bring in your very own perspective. We promise to judge your qualifications and performance, not your age, sex, religion, skin color, gender identity, family status or disability.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to play a decisive role in shaping a company during its pivotal growth stage alongside a diverse, multinational team
- A competitive salary with equity (all permanent KONUX employees have equity!)
- 3600€ personal development budget annually so that you can hone your craft
- 27 paid vacation days/year from your first day, +1 per year with KONUX (capped at 30 days)
- We offer regular team and networking events in compliance with current Covid regulations
- Flexible working conditions with opportunities for home office, also “Post Covid”
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Relocation support for candidates residing outside of Munich
- A big kitchen with snacks and beverages