Senior UX Designer
JOIN OUR TEAM
Mediatonic is a team of over 300 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people. We devote our careers to crafting awesome original games in the hopes of bringing a little more joy into the world.
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives. We strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome, supported and diversity is celebrated. We passionately believe that games are for everyone, whether we’re playing or creating them.
What We Do
Mediatonic is the game developer behind Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout and a new member of the Epic Games family. We’re aiming to build "the Greatest Gameshow on Earth" as part of our mission to connect people through massively-multiplayer game experiences.
We take pride in crafting original titles that bring people together. Our quest is to create joyful experiences that are open to all by investing in the ideas, technologies, and people that can bring our vision to life.
We’re looking for talented people to join our world-class team to grow Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout into an entertainment platform and to nurture the other equally ambitious titles we’re dreaming up.
What You'll Do
We take pride in crafting diverse experiences that both challenge and inspire us. Our quest is to create joyful games that reveal depth and mastery over time by investing in the technology that keeps us at the forefront of the industry and the people who bring our vision to life.
Are you someone that puts the user first and has an exceptional eye for detail and quality? We're looking for a talented Senior UX Designer to join the Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout team to help us create an amazing experience for our players and champion player-centric design in cross-functional development teams. Are you excited to grow your skills in the games industry and collaborate with your team to help improve design processes and work with product stakeholders? If you feel this is you, then we'd love for you to apply!
In This Role You Will
- Collaborate with a Lead UX Designer to create and follow the UX vision and strategy for the game.
- Partner with Game Designers and UI Artists to create an excellent experience for our players.
- Partner with User Researchers and Data Analytics to analyse and interpret data to new ideas and improvements for existing features.
- Regularly conduct or participate in qualitative studies to validate your design solutions.
- Work closely with product stakeholders.
- Embrace a healthy feedback culture.
- Advocate for our players' needs and interpret them to the potential business opportunities.
- Maintain and advocate for a PCD (Player Centered Design) methodology during an ideation process in design teams.
- Present your design work and articulate your design decisions through excellent communication skills.
Translate design documents and/or creative conversations into UX actions.
- Drive or participate in players' journeys and experience mapping.
- Follow Product Strategy, UX Vision and the Development Pipeline.
- Participate in accessibility improvements and initiatives.
- Create flow charts, UX flows and wireframes to visualise and articulate design solutions.
- Create prototypes in Adobe XD or Figma.
- Evaluate design decisions through heuristics and user testing.
- Create testing plans for features and conduct usability studies.
What We're Looking For
- In-depth knowledge of UX Design and User Research principles.
- Good understanding of UI Design principles.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working in cross-functional development teams.
- Problem solver attitude.
- Experience contributing to proposals in the ideation process and concept design reviews.
- Experience with guidance and mentorship.
- Familiarity with Agile development and its processes.