Arundo is a software company based in Oslo, Norway; Houston, TX; and Palo Alto, CA, with presence in 7 locations in Europe and the Americas. Our software enables advanced analytics, machine learning, and IoT applications for more efficient, safer, and more effective physical systems in heavy industries such as energy, chemicals, and shipping. Founded in 2015, Arundo currently consists of around 40 software engineers, data scientists, designers, and industrial domain experts.
We are looking for a UX Designer/Researcher to join us as we transform the way asset heavy enterprises think about their equipment and process. We are looking for a dedicated and passionate professional to complement our design team and strengthen it with best UX research practices.
Our efforts are focused on increasing the quality of Arundo products on all stages of its development. You will work closely with POs, BA, Delivery Leads in order to bring more value in the design through UX Research, allow us to make better decisions and support our product designer to deliver the solutions. You will be acting as a source of truth in our team.
You will be involved in complex projects with various internal and external stakeholders across the road, being engaged with such technologies as machine learning, data driven solutions, AI, renewable energy, sustainable solutions. The UX Design/Researcher role will bring you a freedom to bring the difference and be heard.
Tasks you will be working with
- Research design concepts, identify industry trends and best practices. You will collaborate with our Product Designer on low and high-fidelity prototypes
- Take a user-centered design approach to facilitate a product vision
- Create information architecture artifacts and diagrams including user journey maps, customer journey maps, personas, wireframes and task flows
- Lead workshops, training and presentations that will help team members and other stakeholders, including our clients, to implement UX approaches in their daily work
- Communicate design rationale clearly
- Passion about providing value to the end user through great design and innovation
- Demonstrated substantial UX contributions to multiple products through case studies or a design portfolio
- A strong knowledge of user-centered design processes and principles
- Understanding of end users across different industries, and preserving their perspectives while working in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to articulate the vision of the product to internal stakeholders and external partners
- Knowledge and experience in data visualization as it relates to equipment in industrial enterprises
- Knowledge or desire to learn about machine learning, artificial intelligence, and data science
- A values driven company with an inclusive and autonomous culture
- Highly talented and dedicated colleagues
- Collaborative environment with our offices in the US and EMEA
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Fun environment - we take fun seriously and have appointed a VP of Fun
- Regular team building activities
- Several social clubs of own choice (Data Science Club, Running Club, Females@Arundo)
- Collaboration with Stanford/StartX and MIT/STEX25
- Newly refurbished office downtown Oslo, close to the castle
- Free snacks in the office
- Competitive salary and participation in the employee stock option program
- Pension plan, medical services membership, travel insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.
Instructions for Applying
Please include link to portfolio website or folder of work in "website" field.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals in the position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Arundo reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.