Intentional Futures (iF) is an idea-to-impact consultancy. We work with some of the most notable leaders in the US to solve hard problems that matter. Our clients are visionaries and change agents who believe the world can be better than it is and trust us to be their thought partner.
We are a firm of researchers, strategists and designers that work on complex issues with corporations, nonprofits, and family foundations. We are looking for a self-motivated and UX Designer to join our team!
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that having staff with diverse backgrounds allows us to better serve our clients, support one another, and fulfill our mission. As an equal opportunity employer, iF considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class. People of color, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
We take leadership and training seriously and will invest in you and your goals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Define and communicate user needs through lightweight user research, storyboards, and user journeys
- Create user experience guidelines and UI specification documentation
- Present design work to the product team, engineering team, executives, and external partners for review and feedback
- Define products through diagrams, wireframes, and user flows
- Build and test prototypes to demonstrate and improve interactive behavior
- Function at both the strategic and tactical levels while working independently or with user researchers to turn observational and other data into creative solutions
Qualifications and Skills
- 1-3 years experience working as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Product Design, Interaction/UX Design or related field
- Ability to work collaboratively and assertively across teams
- Demonstrated success on ambiguous projects within the UX process
- Experience providing detailed concept and interaction specifications including mockups and prototypes
- Capacity to produce working or semi-functional prototypes during project planning
- Proactive and strategic problem-solving skills with a meticulous attention to detail
- Working proficiency with modern UX tools that include concepting and interaction prototyping:
- Figma (which is our main UX tool, but experience with similar such as Sketch or Adobe XD is acceptable)
- Low/no-code prototyping tools (e.g. Figma, Principle, Framer, Webflow, etc.)
- Keynote/Powerpoint/Google Slides
- Adobe CS (not mandatory for this role, but Photoshop & Illustrator are useful)
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with multiple partners across a range of disciplines (Engineering, Research, Business) and organizational levels
- Experience working at an organization that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), or experience supporting equity or DEI initiatives
All candidates will be asked to present an design portfolio demonstrating strong creative skills, the ability to generate compelling ideas, and a deep understanding of the design process.
Please note that this role is on-site in our Seattle office. Our staff are currently working from home full-time due to Covid, but we are not able to offer relocation packages.
This interview process will be conducted via phone calls and Zoom.
- Imagination - We seek out new perspectives, creative approaches, and novel solutions.
- Rigor - We challenge ourselves to question, substantiate, and sweat every detail.
- Teamwork - We build trust by working openly and collaboratively with clients, partners, and each other.
iF supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
iF offers a benefits package that includes domestic partner benefits, parental leave, and adoption leave.
If you love the endless pursuit of the unknown, apply today.
Job posted on 2021.11.29