Apply for this job
RainFocus, one of the most innovative software companies in the heart of Utah's Silicon Slopes, is in search of an exceptional Web/UI Designer.
RainFocus cares about its employees, customers, and the world in which we live. Our rapidly-growing team serves Fortune 500 companies like Adobe, Cisco, IBM, Oracle, VMware, and others to prepare and execute in-person, virtual, and hybrid events, across the world. Those events are delivered through our industry-disrupting software platform, with groundbreaking business intelligence, to elevate the attendee experience, streamline event operations, and accelerate marketing results. We are well-funded, growing fast, taking on an established industry leader, and building a company that is changing the market — it will be challenging, fun and exciting.
About the Role:
As a UI/UX Designer on the Creative team, you will work directly with RainFocus clients to adapt their style guides to our event platform, design event templates, and own a range of UI/UX responsibilities within RainFocus’ own marketing initiatives. This role has an emphasis on user interface design with user experience principles.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for engaging design, superior UI skills, and a knack for translating high-level requirements into intuitive user experiences. Reporting directly to the Creative Director and working closely with cross-functional stakeholders across the Go-to-Market, Sales, Marketing, Client Success and Product teams, you will have an opportunity to own a variety of projects that expand your skillset in a fast-paced environment.
Does This Sound Like You?
- You have a passion for pushing the limits of design to drive user experience and engagement.
- You have a knack for critical thinking and creative problem-solving.
- You are highly organized and thrive on project ownership — from planning and setting deadlines, to execution and lessons learned.
- You excel in a team environment and driving collaboration across departments to get the best possible outcomes.
- You thrive in a remote work environment with occasional in-office working sessions
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create engaging visual images, layouts and interactive elements to communicate ideas and value propositions
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Provide Web-ready images, styling and assets to support Web development
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Manage multiple design projects at a time with the highest quality of standards while remaining organized and meeting deadlines
- Collaborate with team members to achieve positive outcomes based on feedback and various perspectives
- Stewardship of our brand standards and maintain consistency through design projects spanning multiple company departments and mediums
- Assist in the continued development and evolution of the RainFocus brand through collaboration with other graphic designers and the creative director
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, creative workplace
Required Skills and Experience
- A portfolio demonstrating a range of strong Web design, layout and conceptual skills. Resumes submitted without a portfolio will not be reviewed.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, related field, or equivalent experience in graphic design.
- 2-4 years of UI/UX design experience in an in-house or agency environment
- Proficient in Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Experience collaborating with clients and cross-departments with quick turnaround times
- Experience working with established style guides to create on-brand deliverables
- Knowledge and experience in responsive web design principles
- Strong communication and presentation skills to propose creative solutions and ideas
- Be highly organized and able to prioritize multiple projects in a timely manner
Why work at RainFocus?
At RainFocus we delight millions of attendees at large-scale events by delivering better insights, experiences, and marketing. We were able to pivot our product and services offering in 2020 to continue growing and serving new clients and events.
As a member of the RainFocus team, you will have the opportunity to experience first-hand the impact of our platform at events around the world. Additionally, RainFocus offers competitive salaries, superior benefits, 401k, generous PTO, and countless other team building activities.
What are you waiting for? Apply today! We need more talented, hard-working, fun-loving team members just like yourself!