UI / UX Designer
Creator Deck is a cutting edge marketing and media company. Launched in 2008, we are pioneers in the high growth influencer industry, now serving some of the most prestigious brands in apparel, beauty, beverage, and arts & crafts. In everything we do, we are shaped by our core values: to Show Care, Build Credibility, Make an Impact, Think Towards the Future, and Be Genuine.
As is a minority-founded women-lead company, Creator Deck was founded to create an authentic, fair, empathetic, and diverse space for creativity and collaboration. These elements have remained core to us as we’ve grown. When bringing in new teammates, we look for people who can think disruptively and meet challenges with a fierce creative spirit. Our team unites a diverse group of people, coming from various backgrounds, who enjoy the collaborative, creative processes that goes into making anything - from a single post, to a comprehensive marketing strategy, to a fully fledged brand. We have three offices in San Francisco, New York, and Los Angeles, but as we navigate these turbulent times most of our team is working remotely and we’re open to new teammates anywhere in the US.
We are seeking a skilled Product Designer to join our team! This opportunity is ideal for a candidate with rich experience in end-to-end product design who enjoys seeing something go from a sketch of an idea to a finalized and fully live platform. This role will work closely with our design team, engineering team, and strategic leaders to craft the look and feel of our scaling SaaS platform. Operating with a high degree of autonomy and creative freedom, this person will be entrusted with outlining wireframes and user flows and bringing to life pages, tools, and new platforms. This role may be perfect for you if your superpower is looking around corners to create a cohesive vision across SaaS platforms, and you are a proud champion of best practices and processes needed to drive design-led, customer-obsessed solutions in this new, innovative, and emerging space.
This role is an ideal fit for self-starters, makers, doers, and creative visionaries to dream up and make disruptive and groundbreaking products. We’re seeking someone to help take our clients and company to the next level of success.
- Identifying a UI/UX strategy and set of universal standards for all products to follow
- Collaborate closely with engineering to build beautiful and functional user experiences for our web and mobile products.
- Champion customer needs through human-centered design practices, including discovery, research, whiteboard sessions, and user testing.
- Own and help evolve our design system and individually contribute to an array of projects that implement our design system in collaboration with our creative lead.
- Mentor and coach team members, fostering alignment in strategy and values.
- Evangelize best practices, leading by example in all aspects of design execution from ideation through production.
What it takes to excel:
- 2+ years experience in UI/UX / product design and a strong portfolio of work
- You set yourself a high bar for excellence, and have a deep love of the craft
- An understanding of human-centered design with a demonstrated ability to deliver strategic design thinking in support of inspiring digital products and services
- Intimate knowledge and experience with current design and prototyping tools including Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Suite
- A firm understanding of the software development process, including how to work with developers
- Strong communication skills, including presentation and written skills
- A desire to continuously learn and grow
Why you’ll love this job:
- Your ideas will be debated, executed or maybe tossed out. But they will always be heard.
- You’ll work with smart people who are driven by results
- You’ll work with a leadership team who believe in transparency and meritocracy
- You’ll be stepping into a leadership role that will accelerate your career
- Benefits including flexible work hours, competitive salaries, paid time off, medical, dental, & vision insurance, and much more
- Work from one of our hubs in SF, LA, or NYC, or remotely from anywhere in the US