UX Research Manager
The UX Research Manager is a role that requires an individual passionate about understanding and prioritizing the consumer, eager to learn and curious about new trends in User Experience. This role will act as the voice of the customer as web experience decisions are made.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Digital Experience & Optimization, this position is responsible for using extensive knowledge of the consumer to ensure all experiences are customer centric. This person will use a variety of research methodologies to make informed web design decisions, championing the customer at all stages of the creative and development process. Research projects range from high level explorations to in-depth usability studies to quantitative research studies and data analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the voice of the customer during internal meetings, project strategy discussions, and new web experience briefings
- Define our web experience research strategy, leveraging a variety of research methodologies to identify insights and positively influence customer behavior through actionable recommendations to the web team
- Run usability studies on our owned properties, sharkclean.com and ninjakitchen.com, to identify pain points or gaps within our current experience
- Moderate in-depth interviews and/or focus groups (via live usability sessions) with members of our target market
- Create participant screeners and basic surveys
- Conduct competitive analysis to benchmark our experience and web features / functionalities against key players in the market
- Keep up to date on digital trends in user experience and web functionality / features
- Share impactful research insights and recommendations with the digital and cross-functional players to empower the broader team to integrate learnings into their workstreams and improve our experiences
- Use primary and secondary research findings to wireframe new experiences or changes to existing experiences and identify gaps in existing experience
- Facilitate collaborative working sessions with brand, creative, product marketing and other internal/external teams to identify recommendations to enhance website functionality and usability.
- Track and report on website consumer feedback, identifying issues and trends with action plans
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, market research, marketing / communications or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of relevant research experience with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Experience with a variety of research methodologies (in person / remote usability, focus groups, surveys, in person interviews, statistical studies, surveying, participant screeners, data patterns etc)
- Clear communicator
- Familiarity with UserTesting software and Google Optimize a plus
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced agile environment
- Having an entrepreneurial spirit and mindset – a “make it happen” way of thinking
- Ability to ask tough questions and the openness to be challenged
- Real and authentic – building trust and alleviating anxiety
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses an analytic mindset combined with critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Learns new skills and technology quickly and effectively.
At SharkNinja, our purpose is to positively impact people’s lives every day in every home around the world! We work very hard to provide our consumers with high quality, exciting 5-star products that make life easier. We thrive on passion and innovation, and are looking for great people, with great ideas, who want to build the next big thing and develop while they do. At SharkNinja, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is vital to our global success. Valuing each unique voice and blending all of our diverse skills strengthens SharkNinja’s innovation every day. We support ALL of our associates in bringing their authentic selves to work, making an impact, and having the opportunity for career acceleration. With help from our leadership, associates, and our community, we aim to have equity be a key component of the SharkNinja DNA.