Lead UX Researcher
Hinge Health is building the world’s most patient-centered Digital Musculoskeletal (MSK) Clinic™. It is now the leading Digital MSK Clinic, used by four in five employers and 90% of health plans with a digital MSK solution. Hinge Health reduces MSK pain, surgeries, and opioid use by pairing advanced wearable sensors and computer vision technology with a comprehensive clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches.
Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 750,000+ in-person providers and enables real-time interventions for elective MSK surgeries, driving proven medical claims reduction. Available to millions of members, Hinge Health is widely trusted by leading organizations, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at: http://www.hingehealth.com.
Summary of the role:
Mission Driven: We’re looking for a mission-driven individual to join us in creating engaging and effective experiences to empower successful behavioral health change.
Thought Leader: This person will be a thought leader and key contributor within the Design and UX and R+D teams. They will work closely with Design, Product, Management and Behavior Change teams at Hinge Health.
Craft: The team is responsible for educating the organization and modeling best practices in research.
Ownership: With ownership focused on, but not limited to our newer programs, including acute, surgical and expert medical opinions, women’s health, etc., you will work cross functionally with other roles and shepherd teams through this time of innovation.
Mentorship: You will bring practice improvement, thought leadership, creative thinking, and mentorship for less experienced researchers, designers and PM partners.
Depth: Proven experience conducting impactful generative, formative, evaluative research studies that enables Product and Design teams to work with new insights and make more confidently informed decisions.
User Empathy: We're looking for an individual who always begins with and returns to the end user; is comfortable connecting the dots - working cross functionally to see the "big picture" with a strong desire to continuously improve every detail of our user experience.
Leadership: You subtly and effectively use those skills to partner with and mentor other researchers so we can all grow our skills and design a better product and journey for our users.
Communication: You have a strong grasp of user research literacy to effectively translate and communicate findings into product and design recommendations & decisions.
We want to make you aware that there continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real HR employees and sending fictitious job offers to applications in a scheme to obtain sensitive information.
Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center.
If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Identify high-value research areas; propose and plan research initiatives for generative, formative, and evaluative purposes
- Support creating best practices for research within the organization including templates, research cadence, etc
- Uplevel our thinking and our understanding; generate key insights and bring more user input to guide R&D teams in product planning, design, and development
- Consult, advise, and educate; bring more user research benefits across the company and amplify knowledge across multiple teams
- Extend your reach by working with colleagues in other disciplines to plan, conduct, and draw insights from research activities
- Play a key role in defining and creating the most patient-centered musculoskeletal clinic
- Experience your work having an immediate impact on the product pipeline
- Contribute understanding that helps us continuously improve our ability to help our users with our products and services
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 7+ years’ experience in user research
- Command of broad set of qualitative, mixed methods and user centered research methodologies to support the concept generation, design, and development of web and mobile applications; experience with hardware a strong plus
- Including, but not limited to user testing, competitive analysis, diary studies, etc.
- Strong background in end to end research from creating a research plan, to recruiting, moderating, analysis and report out
- Experience in creating journey maps and personas
- Leadership in best practices in user research and a passion for learning, growing and trying new approaches
- Experience/willingness to train internal employees and help to democratize research
- Experience/willingness to mentor junior researchers
- Experience in planning and leading research with broadly diverse user populations.
- Strong background in presenting and reporting to influence designers and key stakeholders.
- Proven experience collaborating with key stakeholders including product managers and designers.
- An individual who can bring curiosity, empathy, open-mindedness and communication to their role.
- Willingness to jump in and move thoughtfully but swiftly.
- Testing with multilingual populations (and speaking a second language)
- Experience in health, medical, fitness, and/or wellness spaces
- Experience in writing/analyzing surveys, kano testing etc.
- Solid understanding of quantitative research, behavioral analysis and statistical concepts; comfortable deriving insights from data and observations
WHAT SHAPES OUR COMPANY
- Trust: We trust our teammates to always act in the team and company’s best interest.
- Hustle: We’re creative, we’re unrelenting, we find a way.
- Effective communication: We’re prompt and concise.
- Learn-it-all (vs know-it-all): We’re always willing to learn.
- Frugal: We don’t waste money and especially not time.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive compensation with meaningful equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance (We cover 100% of your premium and 75% for your dependents)
- Flexible PTO
- FSA/HSA accounts
- Family & fertility benefit through Maven Clinic
- 401K match
- 3 months paid parental leave
- Professional Development budget
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Generous mental health stipend
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Work from home policy
- Opportunity to join a fantastically talented, diverse, and passionate team at a pivotal time in the company's lifecycle
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you. No recruiters, please.
Hinge Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Hinge Health is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know by reaching out to your Recruiter and we'll work with our accommodations team to evaluate your request.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Hinge Health is an E-verify employer