Senior UX Researcher
Snapcommerce is a high growth company that sits at the intersection of mobile commerce and fintech. Our flagship product Snaptravel allows millions of users around the world to book their travel over messaging. We are currently in the scale-up phase of the company with plans to grow from ~100 employees to ~300+ employees as fast as possible while maintaining the competitive advantages and culture of being a startup
With a high-performing team of world class leaders, Snapcommerce thrives on tackling complex problems within AI, E-commerce, and Conversational Design to push the boundaries of the value we can add to our user’s lives!
At Snapcommerce, we pride ourselves on the performance-driven environment we’ve created for our team to prosper and excel. Our values are rooted in making data driven-decisions and risk-taking actions that add value to both the user and the company.
About the Role
Ready to explore exciting new terrain at the fastest growing tech company in Canada? We are looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to join our team. You’ll partner with Design, Product Management, Data Science, and Engineering to derive deep insights about our users’ behaviors and attitudes. You’ll then communicate results and actionable recommendations across the company. You’ll think big about new areas, test concepts as they are being developed, and evaluate products and services once they’ve rolled out.
- Design and conduct studies across key product areas, utilizing methods such as ethnographic/field research, surveys, concept testing, usability testing, interviews, and any other methods you find impactful.
- Review, analyze, and communicate mixed methods data to generate tactical and strategic insights, as well as actionable recommendations which drive product innovation and design improvements for users.
- Work with cross-functional partners on product direction based on research findings. Able to follow-up with partners about implementation to understand how findings are being used.
- Partner with our product and data team to provide qualitative context for their quantitative insights.
- Find creative and compelling ways to generate, present, and evangelize results and recommendations throughout the company, in order to help cultivate a highly informed, more effective, and more empathetic organization.
- Define your research roadmap by proposing and triaging research requests from cross-functional partners, aligning with your team on what is the highest priority.
- Use knowledge of user needs to create empathy for users and build common ground with appropriate stakeholders
- ??2+ years of experience conducting research, using both qualitative and quantitative methods - preferably for consumer-facing (B2C) products
- Strong understanding of all the different tools a UX Researcher needs to do their job
- Experience researching the end-to-end user experience
- Excellent story-telling abilities and facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate and coordinate cross-functionally in order to engage stakeholders from across the organization
- Willingness to take initiative, run with projects, and speak up when support and guidance is needed
- Growth mindset, humility, and the ability to own your domain and your work
- You like to ask hard questions, validate their assumptions, and make sure the dots connect on goals
- You can go deep on a problem, uncover clues and find pockets of opportunity anywhere / everywhere, even when they aren’t always obvious.
- Undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field OR comparable UX research experience
- Experience using research to guide product development from seed-to-scale
- Design thinking methods and brainstorm facilitation
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible working hours with complete work-from-home freedom and a guilt-free unlimited vacation policy.
- Enjoy employee rewards and travel discounts using SnapTravel.
- Competitive salaries, equity options, full benefits from day one, wellness budgets and paid development - we’ve got you covered!
- Uber Eats credits, meal budgets, special treats and team lunches. When in office enjoy daily snack services and unlimited coffee, tea and other drinks.
- Supporting continued growth with Learning & Development, Diversity & Inclusion events, TED talk Tuesday’s, and Lunch & Learn opportunities.
- We welcome new additions with a generous EI top-up, parental leave, additional vacation and a flexible return-to-work plan.
- Game nights, Happy Hours, internal hackathons, team bonding games, workouts and more. Keeping our teams engaged, even in the remote world.
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.