We're Karat, the leader in technical interviewing
Karat’s purpose is to Unlock Opportunity for engineers and companies alike, and our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. As the world’s technical hiring expert, we help companies hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a passionate, smart, and committed team, and we want you to join our mission!
Come join our Design team
Our Design team is committed to creating industry-leading user experiences that help Karat deliver on its purpose of unlocking opportunity.
What you will do
As a UI/UX Designer at Karat, you will regularly exercise your passion for designing elegant, inclusive user-experiences by contributing to the design and execution of a suite of products our users will love.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.). Immigration sponsorship is available for this position.
- Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle to ensure we create exceptional, memorable user experiences.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to explore, understand, and advocate for user needs.
- Work closely with Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to improve and refine the product usability for Karat clients and their candidates.
- Conduct discovery research to build personas and user journeys.
- Test designs with customers to ensure that they are usable.
- Create high-fidelity design prototypes in order to gather feedback.
- Maintain, grow, and improve design libraries, patterns, and workflows across the organization.
- Work closely with the Director of Design to define the scope and plan of various projects.
The experience you bring
- 3+ years of experience designing UI/UX for web-based applications from conception to implementation (and beyond!)
- Experience designing and creating UI/UX with data visualization, and/or HR-related systems a nice-to-have
- Demonstrated ability to understand users, their pain points, and their goals
- Well-versed storyteller with strong presentation skills (natural ability to define and openly discuss the "why" behind your designs)
- History working closely with Product Managers and Software Engineers
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity; comfortable in a fast-paced, quick-change startup environment
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
Learn more about us
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at email@example.com.