Senior UX Researcher
At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
You will take an active part in shaping UX Research culture at StreamYard. Together with one or multiple teams, you will independently run foundational research, benchmark research, user interviews and user testing. Your role will be next to designers and product managers to make sure the team takes the most informed decision on how to move forward on existing or soon-to-be launched products. You will have a crucial role to ensure our customers have the best experience on the StreamYard platform.
- Work closely with the Product, Engineering, Design and Go-To-Market teams to elevate the level of user understanding in all aspects of what we do.
- Influence Product strategy through foundational user research around user behavior, customer personas and segments, user pain points, and more.
- Find compelling and creative ways of evangelising insights discovered from the research efforts and best research methods/practices.
- Effectively speak to what matters most across StreamYard’s consumer and business customers. Be a thought-leader and advocate for user-centered design
- 5+ years of experience in a UX Research / User Research role and have partnered with Product and Engineering teams to conceptualize, build, and launch new products or complex product features
- You bring a deep empathy for the user. You have expert knowledge of the end-to-end iterative product design process and bring deep experience driving and applying these processes
- Comfortable partnering with UX Researchers, Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, Marketers, and you care deeply about creating beautiful, high-impact products.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills; you can grow your team’s ability to communicate the “why” to stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and mindset. Experience with BI tooling, Amplitude, and user testing tools are a must.
- Fluent in English.
- Confident communicating complex product challenges.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work closely with creative, technical, and business stakeholders.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.