Palta is a multi-product tech platform developing a number of mobile apps focused on health&wellbeing space. Our portfolio includes such successful companies as Flo (global leader in female health with more than 42 mln MAU), Prisma (app of the year 2016, 150+ mln downloads), Simple (#1 fasting app in the US). Currently, Palta portfolio consists of 9 mobile apps, all focused on global digital health & wellbeing market. More than 600 Palta employees work across Europe in UK, Germany, Lithuania, Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Belarus, Russia, Ukraine and other countries. Rapid portfolio growth is fueled by the recently raised $100 million in series B round led by VNV Global.
Palta apps are used by over 100 million health aware people globally!
Palta Skincare application is a Health and Beauty AI assistant developed to democratize dermatology and cosmetology services. Our breakthrough AI solution combines a deep understanding of the user's skin condition and comprehensive knowledge of skincare products. Our goal is to improve peoples' wellness and beauty, by providing a tool that helps them understand and improve their skin.
Why work with us
- A rare opportunity to launch a new big thing from scratch, not just continue some predecessors' work. We're working in a high-tech field and have the chance to improve the quality of many peoples' lives.
- Being the first researcher and a crucial member of the product development team is an excellent way to obtain decent knowledge and hands-on experience in various topics, from ML to dermatology.
- Joining the startup in the very early stage means an opportunity to take the maximum out of the employee stock ownership plan. Join us while we're still small and benefit from our growth!
What you’ll do
- Lead UX Research initiatives for Palta Skincare app by translating product objectives into research scope. We expect you to proactively identify important research questions and research opportunities, work closely with product managers, designers and analysts to perform meaningful research;
- Autonomously design and conduct user research studies from start to finish including recruiting, moderation and report writing both by yourself and with vendor partners;
- Use wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods to provide insights about users’ behaviour and attitudes
- Optimize research efforts to fit the pace of the start-up by choosing the right and optimal combinations of methods and tools
- Generate and share actionable easy to digest insights and further collaborate with the team in order to create valuable and monetizable product;
- Create and maintain repository of research results and insights;
- Collaborate with researchers from other Palta startups and Head of UX Research.
- 3+ years experience in applied product research and at least 1 year experience in planning and executing projects autonomously;
- Ability to efficiently run moderated and unmoderated studies;
- Solid experience with a wide range of qual (in-depth interviews, usability tests, diary studies, design experiments by means of prototypes), and quant (Kano methodology, maxdiff, pricing studies, card sorting, etc) methods
- Advanced user of usertesting.com platform, survey tools (Surveymonkey, Question Pro or Qualtrics) and Excel
- Experience with applied statistics - descriptive statistics, samples, confidence intervals, significance of differences, etc.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- Ability to communicate research results to cross-functional stakeholders with data, presentation slides, and storytelling;
- Fluent or native English.
- Passion – you are passionate about research, about understanding how people interact with digital products and making technology better for real people.
- Independence – you have the ability to make things happen all on your own. You act proactively and have a ‘get stuff done’ attitude.
- Product thinking – you take into account user needs, market situation and business requirements to help the team deliver valuable and monetizable products for people.