Senior UX Researcher
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social Security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
We’re looking for a seasoned researcher who is ready to use their diverse toolkit to own the research roadmap in one or more key product areas. You’ll be embedded in a highly collaborative cross-functional team that spans design, product, data, marketing, and our operational partners. As a Senior UX Researcher, you’ll help your team understand our customers and their needs. Through a creative combination of insights, facilitation work, and advocacy, you’ll help us reimagine who the retirement industry is for and how it operates, to ensure people in all lines of work have access to a secure financial future.
What you get to do every day
- Own the research roadmap for one or more product areas.
- Conduct foundational, generative, and evaluative research to influence all stages of product development (discovery, design iteration, post-launch).
- Contribute to a foundational understanding of our core customers and their needs.
- Facilitate service design workshops and insights-based ideation sessions with your internal partners.
- Build relationships with your project team and become an expert in your product area.
What you bring to the role
- 5+ years of industry experience in UX Research, User Research, and/or Design Research.
- You bring a diverse toolbox of research methods (usability testing, contextual inquiry, interviews, surveys, ethnography, card sorting, participatory design, diary studies, etc.), understand their strengths and shortcomings, and know when to apply them throughout product development.
- You have a track record of delivering insights that impact product decisions and roadmaps.
- You enjoy leading research projects with a high level of complexity and a diverse set of stakeholders.
- You’re fluent in interpreting data and using data to complement your work.
- You’re a big-picture thinker who can distill complex systems into shareable models.
- You’re a natural storyteller who can communicate customer needs in ways that are compelling, memorable, and inspiring.
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Human Interest is seeking to build a best-in-class product to help small businesses give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, and a 2021 Top Company by Y Combinator, we’re looking for incredible talent to help us achieve our mission: ensuring people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Human Interest has raised $305M and is backed by leading investors that include TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.