Lead UX Designer
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We’re transforming the workplace experience through the power of transparency. As the worldwide leader in employer branding and insights, our vision is for a world where transparency empowers the workforce and motivates companies to become better employers.
Please note this role is open to remote hiring. Our main office locations are in San Francisco, CA, Chicago, IL and Uniontown, OH.
About the Role
Glassdoor is looking for a Product Designer for our San Francisco office, who’s hardworking and excited about solving complex problems and building experiences that will delight people worldwide.
You'll be working on the Core Content team, building products, and features to help career conscious job seekers find a job that they love. We want to provide our users with not only an exceptional search experience, but also provide insight and career advice to match people with the right job based on who they are, and what they need. You will work on a product that will directly impact more than 70 million users a month as we build the next generation of Glassdoor products.
Are you looking for an opportunity to have a greater impact beyond the product? The Glassdoor Design team is striving to advance our product design process and continue to build an organization that develops strong collaboration and thought leadership. As part of the design team, you will help contribute to growing our skillset and seeing chances to define standard methodologies from both a technical and process point of view.
Compensation: $137,000.00 - $171,000.00
*At Glassdoor, operating transparently is at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we let job seekers know that salary ranges may differ for jobs depending on where these positions are filled. It’s no secret that the cost of living and other economic considerations vary widely across the country and the world.
At Glassdoor we utilize a “tier” system to promote consistency in level of compensation for where roles are filled in different locations. The tiers are as follows:
- Tier 1 encompasses the highest salary range for states where large metropolitan areas are located (ie: San Francisco, New York City, Washington DC, & etc)
- Tier 2 encompasses salary ranges 15% less than those in Tier 1 for states with mid-sized cities (ie: Chicago, Dallas, Portland, etc)
- Tier 3 encompasses salary ranges 20% less than those in Tier 1 for states with smaller
- cities (including our Ohio office, Nevada, etc)
What You'll Do:
- The ability to take conceptual ideas and define them into a useful and valuable product experience.
- Work independently with direction from senior-level designers on your team.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers, and other partners to craft an intuitive, cohesive, and delightful experiences from product conception to launch.
- Rapidly develop site maps, user flows, wireframes, mocks, and production-ready specs. You will be responsible for the entire design process for your team.
- Collaborate with fellow Designers to ensure a consistent and cohesive experience across the Glassdoor experience.
- Ensure product design deliverables adhere to high design standards.
- Provide and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise the bar of quality.
- Contribute and be an active participant in the evolution of Glassdoor's design system.
- Experience in partnering with Product Management and UX Research to identify user research needs and conduct usability tests.
What You’ll Bring
- BA/BS in HCI, Product Design, or a related field.
- 2-5 years of experience with responsive desktop and mobile experiences, product, interaction, and information design.
- A portfolio of at least 3 real-world experiences demonstrating a full spectrum of design thinking, visual, and interaction design experience.
- An understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Expert knowledge of design tools including Sketch, Abstract, and Framer X; coding skills is a plus.
- Experience in responsive design.
- Experience working in an agile development process and/or Iterative UX environment a plus.
- Experience working with design systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints when designing for multiple platforms.
- Proven ability to collaborate and to communicate ideas and design rationale.
- Time management and organizational skills and ability to work independently on multiple projects with overlapping timelines.
- A strong and clean visual design sense.
- Outstanding organization and project management skills, with great attention to detail
- Strong desire to add to our culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage.
- Equity Incentives in our parent company's ADR (Recruit Holdings, Stock ID: 6098T).
- Annual 10% bonus aligning with bi-annual performance reviews.
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future.
- Generous paid holidays and open paid time off.
- Transparency: We are open and honest. We share information – the good and the bad – so we can continuously learn, collaborate and make the right decisions. Pay bands, our compensation philosophy, and employee feedback survey responses are shared publicly.
- Innovation: We actively pursue new and different ways to further Glassdoor’s mission. We forge our own path by challenging the status quo. The ultimate goal is not just to change how we operate at Glassdoor, but for every employer to follow our lead!
- Good People: We work together with integrity, respect and compassion for one another. We have fun together! We are inclusive, fair and humble while remaining confident. We do the right thing, period.
- GRIT: We are resilient, inventive and fearless. We see challenges as opportunities. With passion and courage, we come together to get the job done.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are dedicated to building a company that is more diverse and representative of society at large. Glassdoor externally publishes our Diversity & Inclusion report and information about our employee population to hold ourselves accountable to our dedication. We also provide programs and resources to build a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.