Web UX Designer
Location: Vancouver or remote within Canada
PDFTron is the industry leader of document software development (SDK) technology that powers everything from traditional desktop software to innovative web and mobile applications. After over 20 years of gaining traction in the market, the company grows faster than ever before, having secured a $95M strategic growth investment in 2019 and as of May 2021, we are backed by the world’s top private investment firm Thoma Bravo. Since 2020, we have also added six acquisition partners and additional US, UK, and New Zealand locations.
Customers like IBM, Autodesk, DocuSign, Boeing, Microsoft (and many more!) come to us to realize their web and mobile strategies for document management, editing, and collaboration as the #1-ranked commercial document SDK of choice for companies worldwide. As a result, you can find PDFTron technology in thousands of applications, used by millions of users across virtually every industry.
Our fast-paced growth is possible through fostering opportunity, growth, and success for every individual amidst an exciting and challenging entrepreneurial culture. Guided by a clear company vision, every member of our vibrant team is empowered to be a contributor, innovator, and successful leader. If you’ve ever wanted to do your best work while impacting the lives of millions of others, PDFTron is the place for you.
Our Design team is looking for a seasoned Web UX Designer who will work with a multidisciplinary group of designers and engineers on our primary website. This is an opportunity to have a meaningful impact shaping how we present ourselves and our products. The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment of continuous innovation, must be able to present complex wireframes, prototypes, to internal stakeholder
You will be responsible for defining, designing and optimizing pdftron.com. You’re passionate about the entire design process, from technical architecture and customer journey mapping and employing UX best practices. You work well in collaboration with business and creative teams to create user flows, wireframe-out ideas and turn them into effective experiences that drive business results.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of PDFTron’s business objectives, customers, web prospects, web properties, and competition - by conducting or participating in relevant user research, competitive analysis, and other design thinking activities.
- Interpret quantitative and qualitative behavioural data and competitive analysis for insights into provable and viable design solutions
- Independently develop and deliver user flows, prototypes, and effectively communicate design strategies and detailed interaction behaviours.
- Lead the UX perspective on creating a customer-centric web experience, which may include: writing user stories, feature mapping, persona development, user and business goal analysis, workflow and information architecture documentation
- Actively drive the development and iteration of UX processes, deliverables and standards guides
- Simplify and distil complex business processes into intuitive web experiences with a focus on developer journeys.
- Considerable experience as a UX designer or product designer
- A strong portfolio comprised of projects which demonstrate creative, and user-centred design solutions to complex problems
- Ability to expertly conduct a wide range of UX design activities such as: user research, workshop facilitation, strategy and vision development, systems design, concept design, detailed design, rapid prototyping, and usability testing. Ability to drive planning and prioritization activities.
- Experience leading and inspiring website design teams through influence and thought leadership.
Nice to have
- An eye for excellent UI design, and the skills to produce it
- Experience designing, conducting, and analysing user studies
- Experience with Google Analytics, Flurry, or equivalent
- Familiarity with coding languages
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience & qualifications.
- A comprehensive extended benefits package including health, dental and vision for you and your family that starts from day one.
- A great team environment and resources, supporting you to do the best work of your life and providing unlimited career growth potential.
- Highly autonomous and entrepreneurial environment.
- Bi-weekly lunches and monthly socials (virtual for now).
- Unlimited learning development budget so you can master your craft.
- Annually recurring WFH allowance
- Work with the hardware you're most comfortable with (Windows or Mac)
- Diverse and inclusive workplace where we all learn from each other.
- Excellent work-life balance with a flexible work environment.
- Work remotely in Canada/Vancouver or in our convenient office location in downtown, your choice!
Ready to join our team? If you are interested in helping PDFTron deliver on its commitments and taking your career to the next level, we invite you to apply online now.Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.Thank you for your interest in PDFTron.