Head of UI/UX
In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of nearly 200 employees, including world class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now we’re creating category defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America. We’re just getting started.
About the team
At Web Summit we believe that the power of data and engineering can be applied to every facet of our events to make the attendee experience excellent, so whatever projects you work on you’ll work closely with our UX engineers, data scientists, event engineers and web developers across all our conferences: Web Summit in Lisbon, RISE in Hong Kong, MoneyConf in Dublin, and Collision in Toronto.
The Head of UI/UX works in collaboration with our Design team, who are responsible for the overall art direction of the company and the events portfolio. This innovative team works on anything and everything that needs a creative touch, including identity creation for a portfolio of brands (events) across Europe, US and Asia, identity creation and marketing collateral for a number of stages, aids the product team in producing creative assets for websites, apps, ads and much more.
Who you are
- An experienced UI/UX designer who understands customer and internal stakeholder requirements and has a proven track record of converting them into appealing, highly usable user interfaces and user flows
- Familiar with the technical challenges with collaborating with engineering teams.
- You create effective design deliverables such as storyboards, sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes that effectively communicate your design ideas to stakeholders
- You iterate and improve designs based on user feedback, research, analytics, technical constraints and business decisions
- You continually strive to be better, seeking ways to improve existing websites and mobile applications while maintaining a consistent approach to brand application
- You drive and support your ideas right through the successful launch of a project
- You’re passionate about design both past and present and always think beyond MVPs to lasting statements of creative intent
- You follow stay up to speed with industry trends, norms and best practices
- Comfortable working under pressure amending designs in tight timeframes
What you will achieve at Web Summit
- You’ll see your work on a global stage in front of an audience of technology leaders
- You’ll be a hands-on and key part of the engineering team which creates content for conferences across several continents
- You’ll join a dynamic and ambitious team with an opportunity to make a mark in an international tech driven events company
- Your product will be in the hands of the people who are developing the most significant apps of our time as well as startups who may be the tech world’s next unicorn
Skills and abilities we’re looking for
- 10 -12 + years demonstrable UI/UX design experience
- You have an expert level of proficiency in at least one of the following: Sketch, Photoshop, Framer, Figma or Adobe XD
- Demonstrable experience of working in a high functioning cross functional team
- Advanced knowledge in industry standard tools such as Sketch, Photoshop or similar
- A plus if you are familiar with Core Ui, Material Ui or similar third party UI kits
- Experience working in a SCRUM framework desirable
- Show us not only your work, but the thought and meaning you put into it. Be able to tell us the “how” of a project and the “why” behind each decision
- Portfolio of work required: needs to be submitted with application without breaching NDA of current or previous roles