Home Bay Technologies
At Home Bay, our mission is to help consumers save time, money and hassle when buying or selling their home. As a UX Designer, you’ll be part of the team responsible for research, design, and implementation of Home Bay's services. You'll iterate upon customer experiences for Home Bay’s web products and marketing campaigns. Your empathy for users and passion for problem-solving will transform how people buy and sell homes. You are highly strategic, detail-oriented, and passionate about creating engaging customer experiences. Your broad design skill set includes branding, user experience, marketing, and UI design.
Location: We have offices in San Diego, CA and Boulder, CO but we’re also open a remote position.
UI/UX Designer RESPONSIBILITIES
- Empathize with the end user and champion thoughtful design within the organization.
- Design intuitive, engaging experiences that make buying and selling residential real estate easier and more transparent.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems and process customer feedback.
- Create wireframes, user flows, high fidelity mockups and prototypes.
- Maintain and develop Home Bay’s style guide and brand guidelines.
- Share designs early and often and present to stakeholders across the business.
- Collaborate effectively with product engineers and marketing teams to bring designs to life, constantly circling back to measure and improve based on data.
- Report to CTO and work within agile sprint cycles in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Research subject matter and write meaningful content and micro-copy as it relates to your designs.
- Lead improvements to process beyond your individual scope of work.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of Product Design experience.
- 3-5 years of Marketing Design experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
- Owned product design end-to-end for multiple scaling products.
- Full confidence in Sketch, InVision, and other industry-standard design tools.
- General knowledge of front-end development capabilities and limitations
- Extensive experience with responsive design systems.
- Strong creative problem-solving skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to work with teams or take projects to the finish line independently.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Motion design
- Compelling visual storyteller
- A constant desire for innovation balanced with business needs and customer expectations
- Experience with real estate industry
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
Salary + Benefits (401k, health, dental, and vision), with the potential for stock options.
If you have a portfolio, please provide a link in your resume when you apply.
ABOUT HOME BAY
Home Bay is revolutionizing the real estate industry by allowing buyers and sellers to transact without the burden of meeting face to face. Operating from a central location, Home Bay has already saved home buyers and sellers over $11 Million in real estate commissions. Home Bay provides consumers a smarter way to buy and sell homes with data-driven intelligence, complete transparency, and an on-demand customer experience. Home Bay’s sophisticated platform expedites the transaction with efficient, seamless systems that save consumers and real estate agents time and money.