Product Experience Designer
Wattpad is a global multiplatform entertainment company whose vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. Since 2006, we’ve been on a mission to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world. Every month 65 million people around the world spend over 15 billion minutes on Wattpad to share and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else. Our brand banner includes: Wattpad, Tap by Wattpad, Wattpad Labs, Wattpad Studios, and Wattpad Brand Partnerships. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Come build the future of entertainment and storytelling, and write your next chapter with us!
We are looking for a Product Experience Designer (intermediate to senior) who cares deeply about understanding our users in order to create experiences that drive user and business outcomes. You are someone who has an experimental mindset with a passion for co-creating with users, being divergent in our solution approaches, and for keenly paying attention to the feedback and data we receive to inform the next iteration. You enjoy working directly with product management, engineering, and experience design research squad members to work our way towards delivering exceptional user experiences.
What you'll be doing:
- Understand user behaviours and motivations through qualitative and quantitative methods like user interviews, diary studies, usability testing, A/B testing, and experimental design in collaboration with experience design researchers and data scientists
- Discover and define the problems that are most meaningful for our users that would contribute to our key business outcomes
- Define interaction models and design user flows, scenarios, mockups, prototypes and UI specifications for both web and mobile products
- Lead a user-centric approach in assessing the ongoing health of the experiences that we deliver
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and detailed design to internal and external teams
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams to effectively drive implementation of high quality experiences that delight our millions of users
What we're looking for:
- A designer with a minimum of 3 years’ experience designing mobile and web products, preferably with fast growing tech companies related to consumer-facing experiences
- Adept at translating business and user requirements as well as goals into design frameworks
- Able to present a well thought out, end-to-end design process from past projects which showcase the user-centered insights and details that are critical to the products you have shipped
- Proactive and straightforward communicator who helps to ensure that everyone is on the same page and is aspiring towards compelling standards
- Team player who solicits and builds upon multi-disciplinary feedback to drive improvements in the designed experience and in our work processes
- Independent driver who takes ownership of ensuring a rewarding experience is being delivered to our users
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision, Framer, and other design tools
- Understanding of mobile and web technologies, their capabilities and limitations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Interaction Design, HCI, or related discipline
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity (stock options)
- Career development; we believe in mentorship and supporting you to achieve your goals
- Health benefits, fully covered on us!
- Generous parental leave top-up
- Transit pass, choice of hardware, flexible hours
- Corporate discount for gym membership for you and your family
- A beautiful office in downtown Toronto, with easy access to transit
- And a whole lot more!
Who are we? Entrepreneurs and Do-ers. Our vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories, and our mission is to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world.
What does that mean? We are visionaries, community builders, passionate problem solvers, storytellers, coffee snobs (tea drinkers, too!), curious by nature, and culturally diverse.
What are we obsessed with? Our users. Solving complex problems and maximizing flow. Learning constantly. Building the next great storytelling product. Finding the greatest stories ever told. Dogs (and cats), coffee, and good snacks.
How do we work? Autonomously, collaboratively, respectfully. Balancing with work, family, and play...and all while having a great time.
Culture and Diversity Wattpad is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Period. We have taken a leadership position on creating a culture and an organization that truly values diversity. At Wattpad, we believe cultural fit doesn’t mean culturally identical, and diversity of thought helps us to challenge one another to think big and think differently. Our team is as diverse and eclectic as the global Wattpad community.
In case it’s not clear: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.