CloudBees is a globally distributed company approaching 400 employees in over 15 countries working together to invent a new category of software–one that automates the delivery of software.
As Software takes over the world, every business is becoming a software business. And every software business is under relentless pressure to innovate constantly, at higher velocity, without increased business risk. As today’s clear leader in CI/CD (continuous integration and continuous delivery), CloudBees is uniquely positioned to define and lead this new category and is expanding its product and engineering organization in order to do so.
Working at CloudBees
Because CloudBees is a fully distributed company, it is able to draw on a global talent pool and maintain a very high bar for intellect, technical skill and most importantly work culture. Nearly every “Bee” has chosen to work at CloudBees because of a personal conviction of the transformative power of continuous delivery practices in every function in software development. This leads to a sense of shared mission and mutual respect that makes CloudBees a truly special place to work.
What you will do
At CloudBees you’ll join a strong and growing team of designers that is mission critical to CloudBees’ success. We believe in the value of design thinking in every stage of a project, from initial research to delivery and iteration. You will have the opportunity to have a lasting impact on the way software is made.
- Utilize design thinking methodologies from empathy to rapid prototyping to arrive at creative, intuitive end-to-end experiences
- Leverage and/or conduct user research to inform design decisions and evaluate your designs
- Clearly and effectively communicate ideas, research findings, sketches, and other deliverables to the business and leadership
- Design and deliver user-stories, user journeys, wireframes, prototypes and UI specifications in an agile and collaborative environment.
- Move between making strategic and tactical design decisions regularly to devise elegant solutions within a complex business domain
- Communicate a strong point of view–informed by customer insights, design principles, and industry trends–yet hold it only loosely.
- Establish and manage relationships with key stakeholders including product managers, marketing, and engineering teams to align with and achieve business objectives
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise the bar for design quality and collaborate across the Design team to ensure consistency and transparency
- Create the interfaces that some of the world's largest brands depend on - Adobe, Invision, Capital One, Citrix, Accenture… ~50% of fortune 500 companies use our technology to build their own.What the role requires
What the role requires
- 4 years of experience as user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer, leading and delivering comprehensive and elegant end-to-end solutions within a complex business environment.
- Ideally experience designing applications for enterprise customers
- Proven ability to collaborate with other designers, developers, and other stakeholders to transform complex, technical problems into beautiful, simple user experiences.
- Hands-on experience with user research methodologies and usability testing
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable with receiving constructive design feedback, and able to dig into issues without defensiveness
- Fully proficient in English written and spoken language
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate UX decisions and Problem statements to stakeholders, customers, and other team members.
- Experience presenting to senior stakeholders within an organization
- Advanced proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, Figma, etc
- An online portfolio that demonstrates expertise in web application design, modern design aesthetic, attention to detail, and creative thinking.
- You can show examples that explore the development of a solution at different stages in the creative process (e.g. discovery, storyboards, flow diagrams, wireframes, layouts, validation, etc.)
- Understanding of html + css
- Experience with project tracking tools such as Jira
- Ability to work effectively in a remote environment, across time-zones.
- Experience/knowledge of CI & CD tools such as Jenkins, CodeShip, Circle, Travis, or GitLab.
- Experience with development tools such as Git, GitHub, and features like branching, forking, reverting, PRs, etc.
- Advanced proficiency with HTML, CSS, SASS
- Understanding of the software development workflows
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package including stock options
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment with the flexibility to work anywhere in the world–the team is almost fully distributed around the globe (We also have several great office locations!)
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.