Senior Product Designer
Cleo AI Ltd
What’s the role all about?
We’re looking for a smart, self-starting and customer-centric product designer who wants to work on a topic that matters to everyone: money
As Cleo grows rapidly towards a million worldwide users, the problems we’re trying to solve get more complex. Budgeting, savings, and long-term money plans all require a customer-centric approach to AI. That’s why we need you!
What you’ll work on:
- Product features key to Cleo’s success. You’ll be taking customer problems and designing simple, robust and elegant solutions
- Cleo sits within Facebook Messenger and has complex interaction patterns between its chat and web UI. You’ll be designing systems for ‘mass personalisation’ both in the UK and the US, in Messenger, and new platforms: Whatsapp, apps and beyond
- Cleo has an active (closed) community of users and a growing list of alpha testers. You’ll be charged with testing your concepts with them, refining and iterating from their feedback
- We run multiple A/B tests on every aspect of our product, as your features ship you’ll continue to iterate on them from the data we get back from our 900,000+ users
- Own design problems end-to-end, from understanding our users, to pushing our thinking with a variety of solutions, to designing the detailed workflows and interfaces that bring those solutions to life
- Manage our design systems for consistency and reusability, from UI and content, to user permissions and bot rules.
- Own the outcomes of your design work, and proactively advocate for when and how to iterate
- As the most senior member of the design team, we’ll expect you to model and champion design thinking and design principles that are consistent with our vision of creating powerful outcomes through usability and simplicity
- Build the next phase of Cleo with us, as we grow our capabilities, our interfaces, and our team
What are we looking for?
- You are deeply curious about people’s relationship with their money, and are motivated to use smartly designed experiences to facilitate a healthier and happier outcome for them
- At least 4 years full-time experience designing digital products at a commercial level, and can show us a portfolio of work that speaks to the impact of your designs
- You’ll have worked in start-ups, design agencies or innovation teams, developing and shipping propositions
- You’ll have a favourite hi-fi + low-fi prototyping tool and not be bound to developers to create testable mockups
- You’ll use the right tool for the job – We’re not tied to one particular program, the world moves too fast for that. That said, Sketch, Invision Studio, Adobe XD are all flavours of the current design crop. Plus Adobe creative suite, obvs
How long will all this take?
We aim to move as fast as possible, usually 2 weeks is enough time for us all to get to know each other
- Quick phone call with a member of our team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- Short take-home test
- Onsite interview
What do you get for all your hard work?
Cleo is a great place to work:
- An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We’re prepared to pay for the very best.
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world. We recently closed a competitive Series A with Balderton who join a formidable investor base including the founders of Skype, Transferwise, Zoopla, Lovefilm, Climate corporation, SongKick and others.
- The team is exceptional. You’ll get to work with brilliantly bright and dedicated individuals every day.
- Our mission is unique. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We’re not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We’re changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback.