TrialSpark is a technology company bringing new medical treatments to patients faster by reimagining the clinical trial process.
Today, trials are a deeply manual process. Data are collected via pen and paper, binders of physical documents are transported from site to site, and clinical results are audited by hand. The process is further complicated by the required coordination of numerous parties, including doctors, patients, research coordinators, data managers, and trial monitors. Inefficiencies such as these result in trials costing hundreds of millions of dollars and fewer than 10% finishing on time.
We believe that design is foundational in reimagining the clinical trial experience. At TrialSpark, we’re building a single technology and data platform to power full clinical trials, streamlining complexity, and enabling a patient-centric experience throughout the trial.
Our small but growing Product team is working on real-world, impactful problems that impact millions of people. As a Product Designer, you will play a vital role in achieving TrialSpark’s vision of world-class research quality, operational consistency, and patient experience.
In this role, you will:
- Take complex clinical trial operations and distill them into simple, intuitive product experiences for researchers, regulators, doctors, and patients
- Create design solutions that are appropriately informed by data, usability testing, and stakeholder feedback
- Sit next to and work closely with engineers, designers, and PMs, owning the full product design cycle from concept to launch
- Contribute to product strategy, definition, and roadmapping, weighing short-term and long-term product and design goals
- Act as a leader on the design team by giving thoughtful feedback in design reviews, evolving our UI systems, and experimenting with new tools and techniques
You’d be a great fit for this position if you:
- Have 2+ years of experience designing and building digital products
- Have a strong UX/UI design portfolio that demonstrates clear understanding of user, business, and tech context (Bonus points if you’ve worked on digital health products or productivity/workflow tools.)
- Have a passion for typography, information hierarchy, interaction design, and usability heuristics
- Are organized and detail oriented: You value a well-designed UI system and consistency in design patterns and user workflows (Bonus points if you have created a design system and/or are a Zeplin wizard.)
- Embrace complexity: Untangling complicated requirements, working in a heavily-regulated industry, and negotiating the needs of many users with conflicting objectives don’t faze you
- Have deep empathy: You are able to truly understand the needs of both our external users and internal TrialSpark users to align everyone’s goals
Please include a link to your portfolio in your application.