At Storytel we believe that powerful stories add an extra dimension to life. We offer hundreds of thousands of audiobooks and ebooks to customers in 15 markets, with several new markets launching in the coming year. Storytel is Northern Europe's largest audiobook streaming service and we’re looking for our next UX Designer.
About the role
As part of our cross-functional Content Tech Team, you will be translating ideas and business goals into executable and feasible designs documents to help develop the in-house tools used by our international team of content managers. You should have a great sense of balance between the visual aesthetics and the functionality of the feature or product. You’re visionary, bold thinking and most importantly willing to learn. You will be working together with both designers and developers to ensure our team has the tools they need to take Storytel across the world.
We have our headquarters on Riddarholmen in Stockholm but since we will make some re-constructions in order to make our offices even more awesome, we will be located at Slussen during the first time. Our teams are distributed geographically between Stockholm, Lund, Umeå and Copenhagen. This position is thus available in any of those locations.
- Conduct user research, user interviews and usability testing.
- Create personas through user research and data.
- Produce wireframes, user stories, flow charts, mock-ups and lo-fi & hi-fi prototypes for digital projects.
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs with stakeholders, and other members of the team.
- Facilitate workshops.
- Estimate and communicate design scope to product owners, developers and designers.
- A solid knowledge of user-centered design, planning and conducting user research, user testing, rapid prototyping, usability and accessibility concerns.
- A proven experience showing clear understanding of the intersection between user needs, technology requirements, and business goals.
- Ability to take feedback constructively and iterate on designs and ideas from multiple stakeholders with different views.
- Ability to grasp and simplify complex and sometimes very technical concepts and flows and be able to simplify them for the users.
- Experience with prototyping tools (Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD, Principle or similar).
- Proficient in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Online portfolio or pdf you can share with us.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in UX Design, Interaction design, or similar.
- Any programming skills.
- Appreciation of books or audiobooks.
- A good sense of humor.
What we offer you
- Experienced co-workers in an open, welcoming, and professionally diverse environment
- Your own yearly budget for knowledge activities
- A Storytel Unlimited subscription to enjoy our service
- An internationally distributed development team with travel opportunities
- A company full of book-lovers who love to share that passion
If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, let us know and we will contact you as soon as possible. Please include, or link to, your portfolio in your application.