Senior UX Researcher
Coursera was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 170 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 35 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,400 companies use the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera is backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
We’re looking for a mid-level researcher join our small product research team. In this role, you will conduct generative and evaluative research, working cross-functionally with teams of designers, product managers, marketers, engineers, data scientists, and support staff to create delightful and supportive experiences for Coursera learners. Your work will inform the site experience as well as our quarterly and annual product roadmaps.
The ideal candidate loves to conduct research and is passionate about understanding customer behavior and motivation deeply. You are an experienced communicator, with excellent design thinking skills and depth of experience working with designers at different stages of development. You have experience working with Product Managers and are comfortable speaking the language of business. You know how to work with data scientists and can effectively advocate for qualitative insights to enrich quantitative analysis--and the other way around.
- Plan research agendas, quarter by quarter
- Design and conduct studies, drawing on a broad range of qualitative research methodologies
- Help build empathy and a strong foundation of qualitative insight into user behavior, needs, and preferences
- Collaborate with designers to identify solutions that both support user needs and drive to business outcomes
- Provide insights to Product Managers to inform quarterly and annual roadmap planning; contribute to product definition
- Speak to the impact of design and business decisions on the customer experience and advocate for the customer-centric perspective
- 4+ years of qualitative research experience in digital products
- Ability to scope and define a qualitative research project
- Experience using a variety of research methods at different stages of the product development process: to inform the initial opportunity, collect formative feedback to support product definition, and evaluate designs
- Able to gauge the significance and reliability of qualitative insight - recognize when quantitative follow ups are needed
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills; ability to inform and inspire stakeholders and decision-makers with customer-centered rationale along with the experience not only to tell stories, but translate insights into actionable ideas/design
- Ability to write clearly and concisely. Ability to work flexibly, efficiently, and productively