Light up Life.
At Leia we are working at the forefront of display technology — making screens come to life in richer, deeper, and more beautiful ways. We apply our proprietary nanotechnology to give any display the ability to produce lightfield, immersive “holographic” content — no glasses, no tracking, no fuss.
Through our digital platform LeiaLoft, we also aim to create an environment where developers and artists of the future will bring their creativity to life and deliver breathtaking experiences to the world at large.
Come join a team of passionate scientists, engineers and artists in a beautiful adventure where you will be defining the digital experiences of tomorrow.
We are seeking a UX/UI Designer who will help bring the LitByLeia user experience to new screens and devices around the world. Ideally, you will come with at least a year of relevant design and/or professional experience, and thrive in a dynamic startup environment.
You will be part of a team working closely with developers, product managers, customer support and other stakeholders to identify technical and user-facing problems, improve existing applications and help ensure a high level of user engagement with new experiences that allow users to get the most out of all devices LitByLeia. You should be capable of understanding user pain points, as well as know how to do user research to find which features are most important to our users.
As UX/UI Designer, you will be responsible for evaluating and enhancing existing web and mobile applications as well as designing UX and UI for new applications for web, desktop and mobile.
- Lead the team and relevant stakeholders through the design thinking process to define the “MVP,” maximizing time and efficiency and understanding technical feasibility in order to design and deliver products to market as quickly as possible
- Design and create wireframes, workflows, prototypes, sketches and high-fidelity mockups to convey new UX/UI experiences that enhance current applications or demonstrate new ones
- Create click-thru demos of new apps, features, web applications to demonstrate User experience.
- Test click-thru demos on sample population to validate your theories
- Deliver design files to development teams for easy implementation into finished products
- Use of qualitative and quantitative methods to provide insights about user behavior and drive new features and enhancements to existing products
- Conduct usability testing using focus groups or “street-testing” methods to get early user feedback on new products
- Research new user interface ideas, emerging technologies and applications and incorporate into user experience practice and site design
- Execute design work with a high level of polish, creating production level assets sized appropriately to desktop, tablet, and mobile screens
- 1-2 years of equivalent UX/UI design experience
- Meaningful experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and possess a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- A solid grasp of Design Thinking methodologies, user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, interactive prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Experience with standard design and visualization tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, inVision, Zeplin et al.
- Knowledge of analytics technologies to evaluate usability and drive new experiences or interfaces
- Ability to effectively communicate and present design processes, ideas, and solutions to internal team
- Self-starter with ability to work independently in a dynamic startup environment
- Passion for doing what’s right for the customer
- Previous experience in Agile development environment highly desirable
- Experience with consumer facing media, social and commerce applications
- Experience designing for VR/AR platforms (Oculus, Unity, Unreal, ARCore, ARKit)
- Degree or certifications in related field