About Fat Llama
What if owning things was no longer important? What if expensive, niche items could be available to you in seconds? And what if you could generate an extra income from your own belongings? At Fat Llama, we’re already bringing about that future. We believe that one day, owning those things we only occasionally need will be as ridiculous as buying a house every time you want to go on holiday.
Our users enjoy on-demand access to anything from high-end cameras to drones to campervans. As a result, they’re doing, creating and achieving incredible things every day. Income from rentals is changing the lives of many of our lenders, too – whether it’s paying their rent or allowing them to drop corporate jobs and focus on passion projects.
The herd’s growing fast, too. Last year we went through Y Combinator and recently announced a $10M raise from amazing investors to superpower our growth and focus on American expansion.
How can I help?
Our product experience is incredibly important. The experience of either lending or borrowing on Fat Llama needs to not just be frictionless but also delightful in order to create the business that we want to.
Hot off the back of a Series A and a rebrand by Studio Koto (founded by the people that rebranded Airbnb), we are looking to grow our small product team and significantly overhaul our product experience. As one of the first Product Designers at Fat Llama, you will take ownership of this challenge with a high level of autonomy and trust.
It’s a big challenge, and like working for any young company will need a lot of passion and heart.
So if you have those things, we want to hear from you!
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- Can demonstrate recent mobile and desktop product design work at scale, using modern design and prototyping tools (Think Sketch, Flinto, Framer etc.)
- Have at least one year of work experience as a designer.
- Can demonstrate empathising with and championing user needs at the highest level.
- Can demonstrate examples of solving business/user needs through design decision making.
- Have mentored or trained more junior designers.
- Have worked iteratively with engineers, product managers, researchers and analysts to develop product strategy and process
- Are looking to build a product to be proud of, at a small company with a big future.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Pushing the limit of our product experience – visually and in terms of logical, usable flows
- Working closely with our founders as well as the product and engineering team on product execution and strategy
- Pairing with engineers to not just design but ship fantastic experiences
- Championing the user experience wherever possible, going out into the world and empathising
You’d ideally be the type of person who:
- Is up for a rapidly changing environment with lots of juggling
- Is pragmatic, not dogmatic. Not all decisions go your way.
- Can communicate well and stand your ground when faced with hard calls
- Are mission driven and able to commit completely
What you can expect:
- Masses of autonomy – we move fast and trust everyone to do great work
- The ability to craft both product design and process for the first time at a well funded high growth product
- A world-first mission to chase – we can change people’s relationship with stuff and reduce the clutter in the world
- A friendly, casual work environment in a beautiful building in Shoreditch
- Competitive pay and a generous equity package
If you don’t feel like you fit all of these areas, don’t worry. We are dedicated to the development of our team. Whether you’re a design graduate, an artist or a bricklayer, as long as you’re also a designer, we’d love to hear from you.
Bringing your whole Llama to work
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.